summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, September 5, 2008

off we go

to Aaron's appointment, the post-surgical check-up. And guess what? I am leaving the 3 little ones here....M. is still here, she is job-searching now, and going to college in January....so she can watch them, and when I found out that Emily the nurse has the day off, and no classes, what better way for her to spend her day? It's hard to leave Miss Camille, who will be 10 months old on Sunday....I still nurse her, but she will take regular milk, warmed up, with a little sugar. And she drinks apple juice in a bottle. And she eats: she is so funny, I fixed her a bowl of Kix cereal with milk the other morning, and she spit them out. She had asked me for cereal, by looking at my bowl, and doing that yelly-beggy thing.....but she did not want Kix. I know her favorite is Frosted Mini-Wheats, but I thought she'd be open for trying something new....So, nice mom that I am, I got her some Mini-Wheats, and she happily devoured them....and the way she nurses is so funny. I am considering putting a picture here, but I am not sure.....anyway, she stands up on her what I call "hind"legs, I mean legs completely straight, butt in the air, nursing like a baby lamb, or a bratty baby.........it is actually adorable, but she always has to be moving.

It is going to be very hot here in the northeast today, at least 90 degrees, and very humid. I feel like I can't bear it, but I guess I can. I just don't love it. But: Emily is going to pick up the little kids from school to spare them the 40+minute bus ride.....and I already told them they can have ice cream when they get home....

Well, we are already late, we have a long ride to the children's hospital....so bye for now....

2 comments:

Enola said...

You + 1 child only. Wow!!! Almost sounds like a treat. Too bad it is for a doctor's appt.

cheryl said...

I hope you can concentrate, Della! Don't go through any red lights or pass any Targets! Hope all goes well!