summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 8, 2008

monday, monday.....

Oh, lovely Monday....These kids kept me hopping today. Our gate is down, the one that we keep at the top of the stairs....we need to get it back up before Camille gets too active....and to try to thwart Miss Charlotte Claire's efforts to go downstairs and get into her sister's nailpolish. Today for some reason she went in and woke Camille up....which meant the end of doing anything remotely productive. Not to say I do anything remotely productive with Jonathan and C. Claire running around anyway......



Today I had to bring Mariel to her appointment with the wisdom tooth-puller. Yeah, I know, the oral surgeon. Actually the m.d. of Facial Maxcilliary surgery....or something like that. Anyway, yes, her teeth need to come out....and yes, $$$$$.......but, what can you do? I am glad she can get them out, they have been hurting her.....and it will be fun - we are doing it at 11:00 next Monday.....I can just see me trying to juggle Jon, Charlotte Claire, and Camille in the waiting room, and then helping poor Mariel out to the van while carrying Camille and holding Charlotte Claire's hand...when Emily had hers out, I know I had a bunch of little kids with me....and when Abigail did, and probably when Ben did, too.....and I survived......



So, for the fourth day of the new school year, I was not home when the kids got home. But I told them I will be here tomorrow. And hopefully all the other days this week.....



I am hoping my being home more will make it go a little smoother around here (isn't hope a marvelous thing???) Jon is so tired. We have been keeping him up later than the other little kids, so they have a chance to settle in and go to sleep without his silly nonsense.....it helps them, but he is tired.....but if they are good in the morning, he can catch up a little....I COULD put him in my room, but he likes that a little too much, and I don't want to start that now, especially with Miss Camille in there.....



When you truly want something done around the house, all you have to do is bribe someone. If the price is right, the job will be done without any complaining. So I told Joe I would give him an entire bag of caramel creams, his very favorite, if he cleaned up the yard really well. The candy only cost $2, but if I offered him two dollars to clean the yard, do you think he'd jump at it? But candy, now that's a different story.....

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Haha Della, the currency around here is lolly pops and chocolate frogs ! its amazing how much can get done with a little 'help'lol

Cassandra xx

Renata said...

Now that's a good idea - my kids get a lollypop for being good at the shops, but maybe I should try the bribery to get different things done around the home! I love reading your blog - you are truely Amazing!
Oh & is it alright if I add you to my blogroll? - if not please just leave me a comment.

cheryl said...

I think you are a smart employer, and momma.. Sat. eve I was in BJ's with E and A, (15/16+), and they started saying they REALLY needed gum.. well I did have a coupon, but it still didn't seem cheap enough, so I said not today.. then (Thank you God) I remembered how incredibly helpful they'd been cleaning the house for Gr./Gr.'s visit. (The other girls were busy with other things). Anyway, I asked them if they thought that would be a fair reward, and it was. It's kind of nice, because they hadn't expected anything, and money is nice, but gum is, you know, gum.
I love those caramel creams, too, are they the Goetz ones? But Chocolate Frogs are piquing my curiosity.. what would they be like?

Honey said...

I paid my 7 yr old boy .50 to cut out a pile of coupons for me (cheap labor). Then he found $10 in his shorts pocket. I took $5 from him and let him keep the other $5. I had bought the shorts at the thrift store and I guess someone had left the $ in the pocket. He thought he was rich that day. And he didn't buy junk-he bought a bag of polished rocks and a polished arrowhead from the nature center and still had $1 to spare. I think he did pretty well.