summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, September 22, 2008

Jonny has a cold....

and I feel like I'm coming down with it, too. I feel headachy (is that a word?), and tired, and stuffy....I feel sorry for myself. You know that feeling? Where you just want to lie in bed under the covers with a book, and doze off? Or sit with your feet up, under a snuggly blanket, and have someone bring you tea? I know, I know, it ain't gonna happen.....

I have promised Paul I will get rid of some of my strollers and prams....so now I have to decide which ones to part with, and get them out, clean them up, take their pictures, and put them on ebay.....as if I don't have enough to do that I am not doing.....

The things I procrastinate most on: phone calls, especially to straighten out insurance stuff. One thing I have to straighten out, that I just dread, is a bill for my son Benjamin's college....he went to a community college in the next county over, and stayed in the dorms. He signed a year dorm contract. He did not like staying in the dorm. It was expensive, and loud. He was in with 4 other boys, and they partied. Not that he didn't....but he found it hard to study. So, he signed up for spring classes at the community college in our county, and signed the "release from the contract" thing 3 or 4 days late. Now, the college has a policy that you have to be enrolled in classes in order to live in the dorms. But nonetheless, they are billing him for the spring semester in the dorm, when he wasn't there, and they even filled his spot, as they have a waiting list of a few hundred kids.....so, I filed a motion to be exempt from payment...blah, blah, blah, and it was denied. They want their money....almost $2000. I talked to so many people.....got transferred, ect. and they still want their money. Why on earth do they want money from Ben, when his place was taken? Now, they won't send his transcripts to the other college, so he can't get enrolled in nursing school unless we pay, or they change their minds.....I need to make some more phone calls, and now I don't feel so great....and if you are thinking that Ben should take care of this himself, you are right. But also wrong......he has tried.....

Well, Emily the nurse is home, and Abigail is here, and Mariel, and Sam.....who should be going to bed....Joe and Aaron are here, the little ones are in bed....I feel like going in the hot tub, but I am too tired to get up out of this chair...luckily I got the girls' clothes out already last night, and they skipped today, so.....

My girls are planning a trip to the Adirondacks this weekend....lucky, eh? The leaves are so pretty this time of the year....

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Jonny too! Must be the weathr changing!