summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

what a nice evening....

Someday, Jon is going to really kill me. He and Kathryn had some fun tonight....
Charlotte Claire is bugging Jon....she took off her diaper (pee, not poop), and is chasing him with it....

Here Jon, looking pretty sharp in his cousin Janet's old pinafore, is eating the rest of Camille's babyfood.....
I was a nice mommy and I stayed in the kitchen after dinner and made up a double batch of chocolate chip cookies....Molly so nicely helped me get them finished, helped bake them....because Camille needed me before I was finished. I got the girls up to the table for a hot cookie, then brush teeth, and into bed........I have to get up and get busy again, I need to get the kids' school clothes out for tomorrow. And good news: the lunch on the menu at school: brunch for lunch....which they love, so I don't have to make lunches....
I sucessfully stayed home today. But I had to waste Camille's entire nap taking a nap too. Which, like I said, is a waste of time, but today I felt like I was ill, I was so tired. So, I slept for 2 full hours.....and I am still tired......but one thing about me: I absolutely love to sleep. Except for the time it takes from other things I would like to do....like laundry. Jon is getting ready for bed, and has his night-time pullup on....so Charlotte Claire took off her diaper and put Jon's undies on....all she has on right now is his undies and a strand of pink plastic pearls.....
It was nice to be here when the kids got off the bus today. I sat at the table with them, had snack with them.....and heard about their days....Sonja had ice-cream today in school, a girl gave her money. Now, nothing sets me off like my kids taking money from someone......especially if they ask for it......just not right, in my book. So, I told her she has to pay the girl back, and not to do it again. And, I reminded them that I don't want them buying icecream in school except on Fridays....here is my list of reasons for this rule: the kids don't have much time for lunch as it is....., they don't need it...., they might not eat their good lunch, eating the icecream instead....., and I don't want them to collect change around here to buy it......it costs 65 cents......
oh, the little details that make up my day.

2 comments:

Renata said...

Glad to hear you could get some rest after your very awake night. I agree that your son is going to be embarressed by these pics when he's a teenager! Hope you have a better night tonight.

Brandi said...

Glad you got some rest! You needed it. The laundry can wait. I know sounds ridiculous! LOL Wanna email some of those cookies?

And btw...Your son is adorable in the overly big pinafor! Who knows maybe his future wife will like showing that picture to her family to prove he has a good sense of style!