summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

rainy and chilly, and so snuggly in here

Abigail has the day off from classes, Emily the nurse called in sick, she has the cold, Suzanne the second grader stayed home with a cough....Mariel is making plans to take her 5 hour driving course tonight....what? Do I have to shop for 5 hours? I couldn't possibly...ha.

Well, today I decided to go in and take a rest with a book...my favorite thing to do on a chilly rainy afternoon....and Charlotte Claire was in napping, and also Camille.....Jon and Suzanne put in the Chocolate Factory Movie.....so there I was, all snuggled in reading about how Sam Cayhill is plotting his release from death row in John Grisham's The Chamber, which I have read before, but somehow picked up again.....but my conscience was bothering me....I need to go on my walk, it kept saying, and I told it to just shut up, I would go later.....come on, you've been saying later for too many years now....so, I got up, got my sweatshirt on, and out the door in to the rain I went.....I only did the hill two times today, though. I don't have any sneakers. I have had only one pair in about 20 years, and they are long gone....my birkenstocks are my summer shoes, and my loafers are my winter ones.....well, I do have a nice pair of clogs that are uncomfortable, and a pair of dressy sandals that I hate.....anyway, my sandals got wet, and my feet were slipping in them....so I guess I will have to shop for a pair of sneakers.....

I really want a treadmill, but where can we put it? Should I just buy one and figure that out later?

Anyway, I went on my walk and I am glad.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Buy yourself a good pair of sneakers! Your feet and legs will thank you, and guess what? You probably won't outgrow them within the next twenty years.