summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

evening again....

Joseph, who is still not feeling very well, and Paul, reading a bedtime story to Jonathan. I love Jon's blanket sleepers.
The picnic table in the middle of the living room looks so fashionably lovely, and it is also a nice cozy place for the kids to create masterpieces. The clothes on the couch in the background are lovely, too. As are the laundry baskets. Suzanne and Sonja spent a good part of their evening here. They colored while they watched, "The Great Pumpkin", or whatever the Charlie Brown movie is called. Sonja wanted to try on her costume. I made this Little Red Riding hood cape years ago, and someone wears it every year, it seems. She was not happy with her outfit for some reason, and wouldn't smile....



I told her I was going to send this to Emily, and she wouldn't want Emily to see her sad face, would she?



So she smiled. And I think she looks cute. Oh, and my sister Cheryl made the apron part years ago.....
Evelyn Joy grilled hot dogs outside tonight, and I made pasta salad with red peppers, cucumbers, and black olives. Then the youth aged girls left for girls fellowship night. Camille is feeling better, but she has cried at least ten times since dinner. Our water is not fixed, but Thomas came today and put in a new pressure switch, and now Paul has a better idea of what is wrong. So hopefully it will get fixed soon.
Abigail, Sonja, Charlotte Claire, Camille, Rosie the dog, and I went for a nice long walk today. Gorgeous, that is what it was. It was 60 degrees, sunny, breezy, and it smelled like leaves. And it looked like leaves, too. We got home and the girls watched Calliou at their picnic table and had strawberry yogurt, pretzels, grapes, and a raisin bagel. With apple juice in sippy cups. Then Camille went in for a nap....and I decided to take one too. I rested and dozed for an hour. It was sweet. I still feel congested, but not flu-y. And just sort of tired from getting up with sweet-pea so much last night again.
All in all, it has been another good day. When I am working around and cleaning up, I find so much to grumble about, and have to constantly be in that battle against it. It isn't my heart to complain, but it is in me nonetheless. But, I have lived another day. Is this not something to be thankful for? After all, no one of has the promise of tomorrow...(not that I am planning on checking out anytime soon!)




3 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

So what happened with the water situation??

Catherine Anne said...

Oh how I love large families. You have a beautiful family here!

cheryl said...

I love Sonja's smiling picture!! Aren't they funny? Grace had us in (hidden) hysterics tonight because she "just didn't know what to do with herself".. She could have made a whole kettle of tear water tea!.. She ended up crying about everything from Addy to Grandma & Grandpa and Billy to what should she do when her kitty gets tangled in her hair. She said she had so much on her mind, like her chores, her schoolwork (1st grade), etc. We were enjoying it thoroughly.. Hey, I remember that "jumper", worn many times. And now it's a Halloween costume? The girls will think that's excellent..