summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

pumpkin muffins and lots of clothes...

Yes, some of the clothes are back. I am not a comlaining woman, ha, but the guy said when they took these clothes away that they would come back on metal hangers. A few did, the ones that are on the table. But most of these were hanging clean in the laundry room. They threw away all the hangers they were on because they said they would come back on hangers. hmm. I wonder it is worth haggling over, or if I should just go to the dreaded Wallyworld and buy $40 worth of hangers. I have to do something soon. But first I am taking a break here.....Oh, and does anyone want to come over and help? Didn't think so....the guy who dropped them off had heard how many kids we had, and he thought he was so funny when he left and said, "Well have fun with it..." ha ha ha. Oh, and they didn't give me that stroller. That is my trusty double Emmaljunga. It is very handy, it folds up flat, not like a pram that has to be taken apart. But it has big bouncy wheels and rides so smoothly. I love it. And I really don't need it anymore, wah. I made mini pumpkin muffins today. I also made a 13by9 pan and a 9x9 pan.

These children, Camille, Charlotte Claire (lookin' spiffy in Jon's old shirt), and Jonathan...Jon was showing off his skill - he can peel a tangerine.



I decided to make it fun and opened a can of frosting. After mixing up the pumpkin muffins from scratch, I decided to open the can instead of mixing some homemade. They didn't care. They each got to stir the frosting. This is Charlotte Claire after I told her that her eyes were closed in the previous picture I took.



So much fun to sprinkle those little muffins.






I meant to put a picture of Camille too, but I guess I didn't. Before we got finished frosting these, I got one of the dreaded calls from the school nurse: come get Mali. But she wasn't throwing up, those are the most dreaded. Once I picked Suzanne up because she had been sick to her stomach at school, and she seemed fine. So I asked her if we could stop in the store for milk, really really quick. Poor child, she started looking green when we were checking out, and sure enough, as soon as we got in the van.....she...well, I won't spell it out. I felt pretty bad about that one. Anyway, Mali had a fever of 100, so I needed to pick her up, and she is not allowed back to school until her fever is gone for 24 hours. So I had to go pick her up. I left Camille in her jammies, put her coat on her and carried her, got the other two in their boots and coats and out the door...it wasn't too bad, but we were in the middle of having fun. At least they are nice and they will send the child out and not insist we get out and go in and sign her out.
Well, Camille is napping, so I should be trying to do something with these clothes....



3 comments:

Tereza said...

That's a lot of clothes!
Hope the sickness doesn't spread to everyone! UGH....

•Karis Brown• said...

I love your big family! I'm the oldest of 8 and I love all my siblings so much!
Enjoy reading your blog! God bless!

Robin said...

Wow, that is lots of clothes! Sorry about the missing hangers:( You have been through alot lately with the fire, but your attitude is a blessing to me.