summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

her foot isn't broken, and the new dryer is broken...

Well, not BROKEN broken...just a piece broke while Paul, aka Mr.Fixit, was trying to convert it to propane use. Now I have to go to the appliance store in the city to get a new piece. So much for staying home tomorrow. I took two trips to the small city today.

The first trip was to Walmart for a while, then home for lunch, playing with playdough, and throwing together a pot of chicken soup for dinner. (the easy cheaty way, 4 cans of cream of chicken soup, and a bag of frozen boneless chicken breasts....then I peeled 4 pounds of potatoes and left them in cold water....Joseph stirred the soup and put the potatoes in an hour before I got home) and then leaving again with just Mali for a dr. appointment....the x-rays came out good, no broken bones. Just bruised. Only a one week gym excuse. We took a quick trip into Wegmans for coffee (they have really good coffee), frozen veges, carrots, grapes, chicken breast, and a nice pastry for Mali and I to share on the relaxing trip home.....

We got home to dinner almost done, I just added frozen mixed veges. I had also bought some more fresh bakery bread, dinner was exceptionally good. Paul did not eat with us, he was trying to hook up the appliances. The washer runs nicely except it turned off because of "Insufficient Water Supply".....we have problems with this, and the nice Anderson water system we installed didn't clear the pipes and help like we had hoped it would. We need to have it looked at, I guess. Paul had to restart the washer...we now look like shanty dwellers, with a nice big load of bedding hung all over the place. Yes, he broke a dryer piece. Accidentally, of course. Life never flows easily. It is almost funny, the way we strive and try to get things to run smoothly. But we know that it is the way we take things is what determines our happiness. Paul is a living example of that. One thing after another. I told him when Abigail called the other day that I am getting a few grey hairs each day lately. Oh well.

And I said in my previous post ,"I NEVER do that!" in regards to crying...I meant in FRONT of everyone. Of course I cry. Oh, I cry. I just try to do it in the bathroom, and hold a cold cloth on my eyes afterward, so the kids can't tell. Charlotte Claire told me today I shouldn't cry. I think she was worried I was going to do it again. I told her at least when I cry I do it more quietly than she does.

Tomorrow I am babysitting for a sweet little three year old for most of the day. His daddy is the one who is in remission for esophogeal cancer. His mom is one of my dearest friends. Timmy is the youngest of their 8 kids, and is newly potty-trained, which will be fun for sure. I thought I had my hands full with the two little girls. How did I used to do it? I was talking to Mali today about how crazy things used to be for me as far as always bringing all the kids every where I went. How when Benjamin was 13, he was the oldest of eleven kids. When he was six, he had five younger siblings. Things are easier now, that's for sure. But I would trade "easy" any day for another newborn.

So, tomorrow I am watching Timmy. When he leaves I will go to the appliance store. And I have to call Sears because they forgot to include the stacking kit with the dryer. I also have to call the propane company because the three week old stove smells like oil burning when we turn it on. Just in case I thought tomorrow was going to be a day off. ha. I am having a break right now, and I am enjoying it, so I am not overworked. Just pleasantly busy, with a bit of crazy thrown in sometimes for good measure.

This is a stupid post, I have been interupted at least one million times. Oh well.

1 comment:

Enola said...

Please visit my blog for an award.