summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

rainy cozy wednesday morning...

I am itching to go out and about today. Even though I am congested and feel tired and lousy. (that isn't a complaint, just stating a fact. ha.) It is pouring rain and dark and I love it. Charlotte Claire says her dolly likes the rain, too.

I had a heck of a time getting the kids out the door this morning. It brings out the bear in me, but that isn't their fault. I am thankful that I know that, but I still have to be awake to that fact when they are being defiant or moving sooo slowwlly because they probably are hoping to miss the bus. Or when Jonathan thinks it is nice to wait out in the rain even though I told him not to. hmm.

The house....the laundry....the floors....the sorting. ugh. But I realized this morning that I am thankful that it bothers me as much as it does, or it wouldn't get done at all. Last night I had the boys clean up after supper since the girls had to leave for girls' night. And I felt like I had to crack the whip....come back in here boys, yes the table is cleared, but you did not wash it! And the pans sitting here have to be washed!!! Come on boys, get back in here. Ben, Aaron, and Sam finally had it cleaned up. Joseph was so sick he did not eat dinner. I guess he had only had three cookies the whole day, but he was drinking water and juice. He just plain feels lousy.

I went into the laundry room after dinner to sort things. Sometimes when I take a load out of the dryer, things are going on and I end up making piles in there....and I don't want to end up with an unorganized mess like before, so I need to take time to go in there and sort things. I actually enjoy doing that, and having the clothes in order. I have noticed that having a two year old as the youngest and no nursing baby means more time and more things are getting done around here. But wah, I would take a baby any day over an organized room. I had dreams about babies last night. I want someone to just call me and say, "We have this newborn here, can you come get her/him?".....

Charlotte Claire is the only one up and she has a whole slew of baby dolls she is taking care of. She is in her own little world, talking to them. It is so cute, even if she IS using all of Camille's diapers.

I lost my BJ's coupon book, rats. I was going to go there and buy Nestle chocolate chips, and some other baking things. And some candy for Friday night, the fall feast (Halloween Party) at church. There is a dessert contest, and though I don't care a bit about winning or losing, it is fun to bring something decent. I wish I had all the time in the world to create something cool, but I'll do what I can. I have some ideas...

Oh, our water situation: it hasn't improved much. Paul says there is alot of pressure at the tank but something happens down the line and by the time it gets to the faucet, blah. Something like that. So we need it fixed. Still. He was glad to see the pressure switch, which was replaced, wasn't totally ruined by our hard water. Anyway, we are going to have Thomas or someone else look at it soon....we didn't make much progress, but ruling things out is good.

Well.....it seems like a good day for baking. I love how thankful my kids are when they get home from school and there is something special for them. I also have two chickens to roast today. These days, 79 cents a pound isn't too bad. I have baking potatoes, and three squash, too. I don't know what the future will bring, but we will have a good dinner today. I think. It is interesting how that niggling of worry about the economy, the future, the anxiety that is just there - tries to drag me down. I need to trust God. Not that we can't be smart, and stock up on things, or be careful with money, but that anxiety is straight from hell. If you pardon my French. (does anyone say THAT anymore?) 2 Tim., 1 v7, "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind"....that says to me that if the spirit of fear is not from God...hmm., who is if from? Could it be Satan? Good chance! So I say a resounding NO to that spirit.

And that is my sermon for today. It is another day, and I am alive and kicking. And doing laundry.

2 comments:

Beth Haley said...

hello!

This is my first time reading your blog and I'm going to follow it for a while. I found you over at Kelly's Korner and my husband and I (expecting our third in 4 years currently) are still not sure how many kids we want, though at one time we'd decided on a housefull - you know men can change their minds! (Well, and so do we :-))Anyway, I'm really excited to hear about your life with 16 kids because - well it's interesting! Anyway, feel free to visit my blog and its great to meet you!

mommeeof10 said...

On the days I don't work, I spend all day trying to finish laundry and dishes. The best part about being home weekdays the last few weeks with sick kids was that I found the bottome of the dirty clothes pile. I finally got a dirty laundry basket for each kids bedroom. My oldest 4 are responsible for washing all the laundry. I told them to keep the baskets in their rooms until they are full, then wash 2 loads. one of dark clothes and one of light. Once they are dry, return the clothes to their room. It will be much easier to sort 4 peoples clothes than 12. I hope they get the idea, as I informed them that after I finish the current piles of dirty and clean clothes, I will only be responsible for the 2 youngest kids clothes as well as mine, hubbies and the linens. They can either wash their own stuff, which has been their chore for aver a year, or wear it dirty. I'm almost done sorting all the cleanr clothes and throwing the summer ones in storage bins, which I need to take up to the attic before Sam (3) empties them on the floor, again. :)