summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 24, 2009

pumpkin pictures....

Charlotte Claire got to be my baby for the evening. She did not want her picture taken. She stayed nice in warm in the stroller because of the nice weather boot I bought on ebay. This stroller has only small wheels, but it pushed so nicely on the trail. It is an Inglesina, and it is nicer than any Graco I have owned. I am probably the only one who cares about this little stroller trivia, except for Cheryl, and she already knows. Oh well. Here is the young girls' activity club, with Jon as a guest. Suzanne and Sonja are the third and fourth in line, and my niece Grace is the last one.
Here is the whole group.....eight of them are my daughters, and then there is Jon.


The older girls's group...




Mr. Jonathan....
Today was not a typical Saturday. The clothes delivery guy came with 9 or ten trash bags full of clothes, plus a bunch of things hung on hangers. He thinks he is so funny, he asked me if I had any more kids since the last time he was here. "Unfortunately not!", I answered. I think he was surprised at that. But then maybe nothing surprises him about me, since he obviously already thinks I am somewhat crazy.
I spent the whole afternoon sorting and putting away the clothes. The kids have two cousins here, and they made the macaroni and cheese that we didn't have the other night, and Aaron made some vegetables to make it healthy. They served it, ate it, and cleaned up while I sorted away.....I didn't even take a break to eat, later I had a quick bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios, which I am not getting paid to say that I do love. Anyway, there was pizza dough thawing on the counter....and I mentioned they could start to make the pizza....they didn't move on it...then Jonathan went out there and started on it. He is so funny. Mali, Aaron, and Margaret joined in, and made them. They did it how they wanted....even grilling some chicken breast outside to add to a Buffalo pizza. They are in the oven right now.....we are having lots of people here for dinner, as Sam is having a friend over, who is also his cousin. So I think that makes 19.
The kids have had a bonus day today...they played outside in the rain, but after the second set of dry clothes, I was mean and said no more. Then they went in the hot tub. The cousins are spending another night. It has been a little bit loud and crazy today, but it is fun. Benjamin made a nice pot of coffee this afternoon and brought me a cup while I sorted clothes. I am impressed with the way the older kids have pitched in around here to let me get this job finished.
Well, pizza is almost done.....and the kids just told me another friend, Delandie, is coming over, too. I am thankful that I have a package of paper plates tonight.





4 comments:

Sherah said...

I love how you say so calmly that you're having "19" for dinner. I think that would about give me a heart attack, lol! Although for Christmas we had a family of seven stay with us for five days so I guess that was 15 of us...you must just get used to it since they're added one at a time.

Jonathan's eyes are sooo gorgeous!! My goodness, he's going to be a little heartbreaker, that one!

Tereza said...

Hurray for paper plates...you stroller obsessed lady:):):):)!!

Book Lover said...

I just got caught up on your blog after being gone all week. So sorry little Camille has been sick. She is so adorable as is her sister CC. The Enchanted Forest looked quite fun. We have something like that here also. Have a great weekend
Kim Chrisman

Cassandra said...

Hey, I care about your stroller trivia! LOL
I love the pictures of all the pumpkins, those 'halloween' type pumpkins over here are $24 EACH!!!! needless to say we wont be getting one so we will have to look at all your pumpkin pics instead :-)


Cassandra xx