summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, October 23, 2009

yay it is friday....

Yay yay yay! I love the weekends. Yesterday, when I went into the room shared by the four little school kids (as opposed to the five older school kids who go an hour earlier), I just stood in there looking at them, struggling with the thought of waking them from their warm peaceful slumber. I wanted to let them all stay home. But I turned off the fan, and sang the Good Morning To You song to them. Now that all four of them go to school, I don't have to wake them up silently like I used to. Today, it was easy for them to get moving. For one, I bought some glazed donuts yesterday and promised them to them for breakfast today. And tonight is activity club, so they don't want to miss school and have to miss that!

And I am excited about the weekend because I haven't spent much time with Paul at all this week, and we are going to look at vacation destinations tonight. Just planning it is unbelievably exciting. We have been talking about going on a trip for years. When we got married, we went to a city an hour away for the weekend (it was March, and there was a snowstorm during the night and the car didn't start on Sunday.) We were back in time for church on Sunday (what idiots we were!), and back to work for both of us on Monday morning. Our 25th anniversary this year was awful, back in March. Just horrible. My brother Billy died on Friday night, and our anniversary was the next Monday. I had sort of forgotten about it, and didn't think Paul cared too much anyway, and I spent the day at ChuckE.cheese with my sister-in-law Kim and lots of our kids, trying to celebrate her daughter's 9th birthday, ....it was awful, my brother lived with them, and he died right during her party on Friday. There we were, all gathered over there with the ambulances and police and everything, and her birthday cake was there in the house....the poor poor sweet girl. All I could think of was to try to make a new memory for her that could possibly help displace such a sad experience, as she loved her Uncle Billy like crazy. So there we were, trying to have fun with the kids and we were just bewildered. Shocked. And then I got home, and Paul had thought we were going to be togther for our anniversary, and he had bought me a nice camera, and I, at the time, was sort of indifferent,.....anyway, it wasn't much of a 25th anniversary. So, now we are going away.....now that I have made myself cry, it is hard to recapture that excitement I was just writing about ten minutes ago.

So, I think we are going to Jamaica! He is getting a passport today. Yay. We are only going for five nights, we think we would miss the kids too much if we were gone longer. I seriously wish we could bring them all. Some of the places we have looked at, I think, oh, the kids would love that! And I know the whole time we are there, we will be saying things like, "Mirielle would love this beach. Joseph would love this sunset. Sonja would love these soaps." And so on.

I am looking forward to spending some time together though. It will be nice. And now, there is lots and lots of laundry to do....I was all caught up until we cleaned those rooms....Evelyn's closet had a whole basket of clothes in it....

No comments: