summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

wow, it looks nice in here...

The crew was here all day again today. My ceilings are clean, my floors and light fixtures are polished, the pantry (a fancy word for the closet with no door) is all organized, the shoes are all matched up on the shelves. Every surface is shiny, the cupboards in the kitchen are gleaming. The baseboards are washed down, the small carpets vacuumed and cleaned. The furniture will be dry-cleaned tomorrow. And then I suppose the clothes will come back, but I am not sure. Our new washer and dryer come tomorrow, so someone has to be here for that. Maybe Joseph will stay home again.

Kathryn and Sonja stayed home today, and we had fun. We went to Target and meandered around. Hey, I think meander is one of my favorite words. Is it really a word? It sounds like a good name for a cat, that is what cats do best. Anyway, we picked out just a few things for 75% off in Target, Kathryn got a nice button down plaid blouse with a modest lacy top for underneath. No wonder they like to skip school and go with me. Our breakfast this morning was a few Special K bars in the van. So by the time we got into PriceChopper, they were hungry. Camille consumed three packets of Dora fruit snacks in the cart while we shopped. They had free bread samples, too. I ordered a pizza, and after shopping for a half hour, we went over to the nice eating area for our pizza.

By the time we got to the register, Camille had had it. She wanted out of that cart. She got her way. I had to hold her so she wouldn't have a candy bar feast. Those checkout candy bars are evil. The cashier was in training, and took forever and a day, but she was so nice. I learned her life story, and she learned mine. (her and her siblings have three different dads. that has got to be difficult).....she is now one of my friends.

So it is a beautiful day, and I am going to go do some sorting and cleaning in the bedrooms, because with the kitchen and living room so nice and clean, I am inspired....would it possibly be possible to get every room in the whole house decent at the same time? That is my goal. Well, one of my earthly goals. My heavenly goal is to remain in love no matter what. Actually, I have many heavenly goals....

1. I do not want to blame anyone for my irritation. No matter what anyone does, I am the reason for my irritation. I choose to take things however I want to take them.

2. I am going to be open for the voice of the spirit, that voice that whispers to me about my selfishness, or my highmindedness, or honor-seeking....I am going to be careful to listen and be obedient to that spirit that is sent from God....

3. I am going to endure in my temptations so my husband and kids can be blessed.

4. I am not going to judge the others. When I am tempted to, which I know I will be, I will be faithful there and not give in.

5. I am going to be good and gentle to the kids, no matter how much I have to suffer to do it.

6. I am going to go against my laziness, get out of this chair, and get started!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah! here 's a list I can put up on my fridge...

wakeful dreamer said...

I make similar lists for myself all the time... sometimes I can do it, sometimes not.