summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, October 10, 2009

what?? on saturday morning?

I have had a busy week, with having to clean up the house each morning before 9:00 so the cleaning crew didn't think we were slobs, or should I say KNOW we are slobs. I also dragged the kids with me and was out of here every day. Then I stayed home Thursday, but I had an extra little guy here, and the dryer couldn't be used yet, so I washed three loads of laundry and hung it out. Anyway, yesterday I tried to make up for lost time, baking cookies and making a nice dinner. And trying to keep it cleaned up. Well, last night Paul says casually, "Mom (his mom) is coming over in the morning to say goodbye." Now don't get me wrong, I love my m.i.l., very much. But on Saturday morning? When all the big kids are sleeping and the little ones up and eating and playing and making messes? So I thought I'd get up extra early. I climbed out of bed, looked at my watch, it was 8:45! I could swear it was like seven! Oh well.

We said our goodbyes to Gramma, she is going back to Florida for the winter.

This afternoon we have a feast at church, and we have to bring our dinner. I offered to bring for my sister-in-law and seven of her kids who will be there, because she is busy today. I baked up a dozen large hot sausage links, added them to a 5 pound bag of frozen meatballs, a few cans of crushed tomatoes, some jarred sauce, some canned sauce, put it all in the large electric roasting pan. Then off to the store for some rolls, and carrots, peppers, and dip. And apple cider from the local apple orchard, yum. We haven't had any yet this year. (it has been $4 a gallon everywhere this year, and that is hard to pay. I got two gallons today, ouch, but it will be good)

I made (from cake mix) about a hundered mini cupcakes for a music feast we are having at church tomorrow. Margaret wants to frost them, so I will make my buttercream frosting later when we get home, and she can do what she wants. Oh, believe me, that is hard for me. Especially decorating baked goods, I like to do it. But she is so musical, and she has ideas of what she wants to do, so I will let it go.

The kids are having lunch now, and I really shouldn't be taking this break because we have to leave in another hour, and I have to dress them and do their hair and remember all the stuff for dinner. I am glad to be going though, it is nice to see my friends.

Halloween is two weeks away. We only started trick-or-treating a few years ago. Before that we just did the party at our church, which we still do. Somewhere along the line we started letting them go when I realized that people WANT to give them candy. Anyway, I usually take them because Paul just isn't that in to Halloween. And I am. I always dress up too. In fact, I am glad my sister wasn't here when the dryer was on fire last week, because I had totally forgotten that we had taken the kids into the local fire department last year.....she reminded me the other day. I was dressed like a total idiot. I wonder if they recognized me. The thing is, when you have like a dozen or more kids, people usually know who you are.

Anyway, about Halloween, today the girls were coming out in all sorts of outfits, trying to find something to be for Halloween. And I told them, there are TWO weeks until Halloween, why do you need to figure it out today? And of course, Suzanne was getting all stompy, she is NOT EVEN GOING TO DRESS UP THIS YEAR!! Because she cannot find ANYTHING to be. The chapter of this book would be called, "Halloween, Blessing or Curse?"...

Anyway, I had so many interesting things to write about, but Paul is looking all over for the remote, it always disapears. It is actually a miracle we still have it all. He found it. Next to my chair. I said, "It wasn't me!", ha. Anyanyanyway, I cannot remember any of the interesting things I had to say because so much is going on in here. Joseph is going to be working this week with my brother, setting up Playstation displays in some Toys R Us stores. He is trying to fill out his tax forms, ect. And asking me questions. And the kids are done with lunch and going in and out and Camille needs a nap and her and Charlotte Claire need to be watched because they are messers. Dumpers and messers, scribblers and spillers. Good thing they are SO cute.

3 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

It's 3 weeks until halloween. :)

We have Dish network, satelite tv we just got a few weeks ago. If we do not have the remote programmed for that specific tv, we can't watch anything. When my boys choose not to listen, I turn off both tvs and hide the remotes. :)

Emily said...

Sounds like a very busy day! (But fun, too.)

I enjoy reading about your family's life.

Peace to all of you.

Book Lover said...

You are such a fun mom. I always wish I could live close to someone as fun as you, maybe it would rub off? haha. I'm finally feeling normal (haha) today after being so sick all week. Don't know if it was swine flu or just flu? Does it really matter? Anyway, will head to post office on tues., they are closed on monday. have a great weekend

Kim Chrisman