summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ahh, afternoon lull...

Abigail and I were amazing today. We went to Target and got birthday presents for Charlotte Claire (a beautiful Easter dress marked down to $4.48 (and also one for Camille, so they can be princesses together), and a Tinkerbell trike), shorts and jeans for Jon, ice cream cone shorts for the little girls for $1.25, wind pants for Sam, a shirt for Aaron, a shirt for Mali, a green coat for me, a purse for Mirielle, a scarf for me....all for 75% off.

We went to P&C for soda, thirty-two twelve packs.

We went to BJ's for drinks and the rest of the candy for the grill.

We went to Aldi for apples and oranges and bananas and grapes and tomatoes and lettuce and yogurt.

We went to Price Chopper for some cases of water for the grill, and some groceries for us.....we got a roast cut into steaks, $1.99 a pound, two more roasts to have barbecued beef on Saturday, sour dough bread for $1 a loaf, and lots of other groceries, one hundred forty dollars worth......

Then to the McDonalds' drivethrough for a hot coffee for me, and a sweet tea for Abigail....a relaxing ride home....then CHAOS! Rosie had broken her chain today, Camille had just pooped her undies, and the groceries had to be put away....the first trip kids were coming in.....the groceries are now put away, the second trip kids just got here, and it is still the afternoon lull. Only if I close my eyes and put my fingers in my ears though. Joseph babysat today, and he is very good with the kids, he let the get all the old Fisher-Price Little People sets out, there are stuffed animals and train pieces, remote control cars and dollhouse stuff and some doll strollers in here.....but I am closing my eyes.

Mirielle has just reloaded and run the dishwasher, and is doing laundry. She is such a good girl. One doesn't have to ask her to do things. She runs every day and sits in the sun, goes to classes and does her homework, but she does things around here anyway. Abigail doesn't even live here anymore, and she put away the cold things and straightened out the refridgerator for me...she said we don't need anymore soft margarine, we have six containers of it in there. Most of them are opened, too. Yes, I am Miss Organized.

The meat is marinating, and I am going to cook the rice from last night, and have a salad with all the good fresh produce...and, Mali has a trackmeet that starts in 15 minutes...rats, I had forgotten all about it...hmm...I SHOULD go. She likes it so much. And, she is doing hurdles today...hmm.

No comments: