summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

birthday cake

Charlotte Claire in the sweet little dress from Gramma.......

Rosie had a taste of frosting....

Is it some form of insanity to spend a few hours on a cake that will be eaten up in a few minutes?





The spaghetti is boiling, the meatballs are all made, and the fun is starting.....




7 comments:

Martha said...

Happy Birthday to Charlotte Claire.
(Boy! every day is a holiday at your house!)

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, especially in the spring...Jon's birthday is April 30, Sonja's is May 3rd, Charlotte Claire's today, and Joseph's is on the 16th. Four birthdays in just a few weeks time....

We still owe Jon and Sonja a party.....

true blessings said...

Happy birthday beautiful girl! BTW just for fun her name in spanish is Carlota Clara...Hope she had awesome day,my baby just turned 4 also in February...sigh

Kelly Polizzi said...

great cake! hope your daughter had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

oh happy birthday!!
did you make the cake? it's beautiful!! :)

16 blessings'mom said...

I told Carlota Clara that "lots of people say Happy Birthday", and she just nodded. Yes, Tiphaine, I did make the cake...I used cake mix, and my no-recipe frosting ( a hunk of shortening, half stick of real butter, a few splashes of real vanilla extract, a two pound bag of confectioner's sugar, and some milk. When it tastes right, it is done...it is very creamy and good and not sickening like store bought cake frosting.)I didn't really feel like decorating a cake, but then I realized there was no reason I shouldn't, and thought how much she would like it....and I like doing it....by the way, it is almost gone.

Robin said...

She looks so sweet!! Happy Birthday to Charlotte Claire! She is the same age as my Thomas who turns 4 next month:)