summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 8, 2010

is winter back, or what?

Today was a volatile day, weather wise. Windy, then rainy, then the power went out....we were out at our church conference center, enjoying the afternoon meeting, when it went out. It was light enough out that it wasn't a problem...yet. We packed up the youngest six and headed home because Camille was very tired and she was crying and then peed her undies in the van and was much better after that....but home we went....the power went back on, and nine of our older ones are still there for the youth meeting and snack bar....

I am thankful for my friends, and thankful for the way of salvation that allows us to have it so good together.

I saw so many babies today....ooh, did my arms ache! And so many cute kids at the "candy store" (which is just a few tables with candy set out).....that was where I was most of the day....

I wish I could say we got home and got the kids into bed and are just relaxing...almost. We came home, Camille peed again, on the living room floor. I made popcorn for them and they watched some old cartoons, I washed the crockpot and loaded the dishwasher and got out clothes for tomorrow, day two of the conference. The kids ARE in bed now, and we ARE relaxing, but I think we are too tired to enjoy it...ha.

Camille: she puts her chubby little hands on my chubby cheeks and looks into my eyes, and says, "You are SO cute, Mommy.." She has obviously heard it said to her....

Tonight while I made the popcorn, Suzanne talked about Gramma. It has been almost 4 years since she passed away, and Suzanne is only 9 years old, but she certainly has plenty of memories. She talked about the dolls Gramma gave her, and how she was always standing at the door, and how pretty her bathroom was. And she said she never wanted to throw away the nightgown of Gramma's that she always wears, she said she would always sew it up when it rips, which she has already done, and that when it is too rippy, she will cut a square of the fabric and save it. How can such a small child be so...so....appreciative? Or perceptive? I am not sure the word I am looking for...

Suzanne is a funny girl. She has been making pillows. She raids my fabric supply, and just sews these pillows by hand and stuffs them, and gives them to her sisters. She made a huge blue plaid one this morning, but Camille peed on it in the van today....

I have had a good day, and I am very very tired.....

2 comments:

Book Lover said...

Ha ha that Camille is such a doll.
I love your stories of your individual kids. It makes me feel like I know them. Suzanne seems like such a sweet and perceptive child. Maybe she will be the most like you mom? What a blessing to have so many sweet girls. Glad you had a good day.

Blessings

Kim Chrisman

Darla said...

Oh, yuck! Isn't it kinda gross to have this coldish, winter-like weather again? Here in MN, it has been chilly and rainy all week, then Friday night, it started to snow. Of course, nothing stayed on the ground, but still!

So fun to read all your posts again. I must be into my second trimester already...I am starting to feel alive again! :) Now to get back out of my hibernation mode and get blogging again!