summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 7, 2010

garage sale?

I drove Mirielle to class this morning, bummed that I didn't have time to stop at the Garage Sale in the small town......

We dropped her off, went to Walmart....Abigail, Margaret (school skipper) and Kathryn (school skipper) took Charlotte Claire and Camille with them, and I went off to get some turkey and rolls and cheese and bagels and milk. I then wandered over to the kids' clothes and found a few two and three dollar things they just can't live without, and my phone rang. It was Abigail. She asked where I was, and when I asked where she was, she said, "I am right behind you.." I guess the two little girls were running around a clearance rack and they smashed right into a lady's cart....Charlotte Claire had a bloody nose, and Camille had a huge welt on her forehead. I guess they cried alot, and the older girls were a bit miffed that the lady commented on how they shouldn't run, but didn't even say anything about them getting hurt....I just tried to use it as lesson, reminding the little girls that running in the store is not good. (when the lights went out in Target that time a few months back, they were terrified. So now I remind them they should stay with Mommy in the store...aren't I mean?) Anyway, I had been blissfully cruising those clearance racks, and then Mirielle called and was ready to be picked up, and our shopping time was cut short.....(the girls were fine after a few minutes)

We made a stop at BJs for a few things, then....I stopped at the garage sale that I hadn't had time for in the morning....and we got Mirielle a bike!!! $40, and she tried it out and it seems to be in good working order. We also got a $3 bike for the younger kids. The people at the garage sale had a sweet little toddler, 17 months old, who LOVED Camille. She was screeching for her. The lady let her down, and she came over and just smother-hugged her. Camille was trying to back up, and this little girl was just hanging on to her. The mom said they were adopting her, they have had her since she was 6 months old.....what a blessing, I wanted her. I know, I am very greedy when it comes to babies.

I am letting the two little girls skip their naps today. They stay up SO late at night when they take long naps, and if I wake them up early from their naps, they are grumpy. They are playing dollhouse right here in the livingroom, and getting along well and having fun, so I am just letting them....

Well, since we left so quickly this morning, I have much to catch up on....blah, I don't feel like it! I want to go take a cozy nap, or take a cup of tea and a good book (AND COOKIES) and climb into bed....except that I couldn't possibly actually eat a cookie in bed, crumbs, yuck!! When we were kids, my younger brother put sand in my bed up at camp a few times....rrr, I can still feel the yuckiness. I used to wash my feet and wrap them in towels and walk to my bed....because I simply hated sand in my bed. Anyway, I would just like to go curl up and be absorbed in a good book, but...I need to clean up and start the pizza.....and from the tone of this, I guess I need to count my blessings and start being much more thankful, and get into a better spirit....

No comments: