summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 24, 2010

yes, it is broken....

Camille Anaya, who is two years old, broke her leg. So she gets midnight cereal on the couch. It's a good thing I have learned a thing or two these years, like having emergency pretzels in my purse. We were at the emergency room for almost six hours.

This whole thing just proves my theory: When I don't wash my hair and I really KNOW I should, but try to skip a day, something like this happens. When I realized that yes, this child seriously is hurt, and I have to take her to the hospital, the first thing I said was, yes you guessed it, "My hair is dirty!"....but I lived.

She was on the trampoline with the kids....Jon ran and jumped on top of someone, and accidentally tripped her, and fell on her....

The resident dr. who looked at her first didn't think it was broken, he said there is a huge lump on the back of her calf, and sometimes bruises hurt badly. Well, she would not stand on it. Then the REAL dr. came in, and felt the leg, and said the same thing, but we should do an xray just in case...then, VOILA! broken right under the knee. She has a nice splint on it, and cannot walk on it, good thing there are plenty of carriers around here....I have to take her in tomorrow to see what the orthopaedist wants to do for her.....wah, probably no more swimming pool for her for a while...poor child...unless they have perhaps invented waterproof casts...

She is tired and we have to go to bed....but remember, keep that hair clean, and your kids won't break their legs!!!

17 comments:

Piper Paradise said...

So sorry for Miss Camille and Mommy! I am off to wash my hair! :-) Hugs from AZ!!

Tereza said...

Poor little one! I hope it heals quickly!! I bet you'll be washing your hair twice a day from now on!!!:):)

Peta said...

oh, poor Camille.
Just wanted to let you know they do indeed have water proof casts now. My son William broke his wrist recently and he had a water proof cast on it. He got to pick what colour it was and all..
anyway, hope she heals fast...

cheryl said...

OH MY!!!! Good thing I happened to check your blog before I head to bed.. That poor poor little thing!! Is she in a lot of pain? I would think so. Never a dull moment, huh? I'm sorely tempted to wash my hair, as I'm stuperstitious, but I'm also glad you lived. I bet she'll have some funny stories to tell..

Anonymous said...

aw poor Camille, get well soon!

Anonymous said...

poor little sweetie! And poor you, it must have been a hard day!

Martha said...

I washed my hair yesterday and still spent the afternoon in the ER. (With my mom)

Poor baby Camille! She looks happy now. That is good.

Tracy said...

They do have waterproof casts! We had a pool put in two summers ago and the same summer my daughter broke her arm. Our doctor had a special lining that goes inside the fiberglass type wrap that is waterproof. Costs us a bit extra becuase insurance did not pay for it, but well worth it when you consider swimming, showers, beach....over a long hot summer!

Sherah said...

There actually are waterproof casts! I hope you can get one for her, poor baby!!! Hmmm...we just got a trampolean and that kind of makes me nervous, but wow, they have so much fun on it. I do too. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor little girl! hope the 6-8 weeks passes quickly-:)

Mommabear said...

Oh poor baby praying for a quick recovery.

Book Lover said...

Aww, poor little Camille. She looks like she's taking it in stride though:) I bet she heals faster than the usual 6-8 weeks and will have plenty of summer left. I'm sure she will get lots of attention to help her manage (smile)


Blessings
Kim Chrisman
PS: This might be a good time to try out a new bed. She can't get out haha

Robin said...

I am so sorry!!! Praying for a speedy recovery.

mommeeof10 said...

My Laura (now 5 1/2) broke her army in the doctor's office. We were waiting for the doctor to come in for one of her sibling. She spilled a cup of water all over herself, so we took off her shoes and wet pants, leaving on her dress and socks. She was dancing on the nicely waxed floor in the exam room and thump, on the floor she went. Green stick fracture, 4 weeks in splints, no cast needed.

AUTISMOMMA said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little Camille!! This is one of my worst fears too....On the bright side, she looks happy as a lark lying there on the couch with her servants awaiting her next request. ;)

Mike and Katie said...

Such a bummer! Interesting theory about hair washing. Just in case, I better go showere right nows! ;)

mommeeof10 said...

I forgot to add, Laura broke her arm when she was 2.