summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 10, 2010

headaches and temptations...

I have a headache. I get too many headaches for my liking. A headache takes a perfectly fine day and turns each and every particle of that fine day into a trial. The band concert, for example, especially the youngest kids, the fifth graders. Normally to hear them squeak and pound out a song is comical, but when the old head is aching, it is downright painful.

I don't know where this latest headache came from, but I have an inkling it may have been because I was a passenger in a car driven through busy downtown traffic, by my daughter....she is not a BAD driver, but....I was nervous. I braked and I warned and I grabbed the dashboard.

It could have been because we got caught in a time warp in a different Target, browsing and chatting and totally forgetting that I was in a hurry to get home to leave for the concert....so we had to make up for it in Wegmans, but...that darned time warp thing happened again. So I had no time for dinner when we got home, it was just a clothes change, a teeth brushing, a hair brushing, and off to the concert. (it is a very good thing that I made Abigail go through the McDonald's drivethrough for a coffee for me and french fries for Charlotte Claire...the coffee to go with my luscious chocolate peanut donut....Wegman's makes the very best chocolate peanut donuts...and to be fair, lunch was just a sugar free lowfat yogurt and a few mini granola bars....)

So, I don't know what caused this latest headache, but....I am very very thankful for IBUPROFEN!!!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I am also thankful for Ibuprofen. I feel a headache coming on, due (I think) to the fact that rain is in the forecast, well, that and allergies. Those tension headaches are the worst. I hope you have a good chance to relax today.