summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 3, 2010

no more records here....

Two kids are skipping.....Sonja K. and Suzanne Eleanor. They are tired. They do not feel well. The just cannot go to school. Hmm. I should have made them go. They aren't sick. They DID stay up 'til 2am Friday and Saturday nights, or should I say Saturday and Sunday mornings....

Today is Sonja Kathleen's eighth birthday!!!! Sonja's birth was special. Paul was there with me, of course, and then my sister came to the hospital with Emily and Abigail and Katie and Becky and Susan and Claire and (four of her daughters), and Laura, my brother's daughter. They just came to visit, and it was less than an hour before the birth. I told them they were welcome to stay if they wanted. They stayed. It was a very large birthing room, and they were all on the side of the room, so they got the modest view of the birth. It was one of those births that was quick (the baby was moving down so nicely with every contraction, and I didn't say anything until it was time to push...I was in my own little world and it was nice).....then, she was born. She cried and cried and all the girls held her before I did, but having them there was such a blessing to me. I loved sharing the experience, and they were pretty awed.

Sonja K. was the fifth of my five-girls-in-a-row....born in five years....now, Margaret is 13, Kathryn 12, Evelyn 10, Suzanne 9, and Sonja 8. But when Sonja was born, Margaret was 5, Kathryn 4, Evelyn 2, Suzanne was 14 months....(and Sam was 6 and Mali was 8 and Aaron was 9 and Joseph was almost 11....and Mirielle was 12 and Benjamin was 13 and Abigail was 15 and Emily was 17.....)

I will finish this later.....

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I missed it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sonja!!!
I love it when you talk about your births and the ages of all the other kids :-)

Cassandra xx