summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

random thoughts on a beautiful morning....

1. My computer does not want to let the letter "M" work this Morning. I have to press it like 3 times to get it to work, so if a word doesn't ake sense, just iagine it with an "M" in it soewhere.

2. We ran out of propane at dinner time last night, so we had cereal and toast. The rice is still sitting there in the water.....

3. I was asked for my orange chicken recipe. It is very simple, but I haven't tried it yet (no propane), I just cut out two $2 off coupons from the BJs book, and bought two 44 ounce packages for $8 each, which is very expensive, and we don't usually buy stuff like that...but it is way cheaper than going out to eat, and I wanted a relatively easy dinner....by the way, even cereal and toast for 17 people is a bit of work....(I think Paul had a sandwich)

4. The propane guy asked if we could manage until today without propane. I felt bad saying "Please bring it tonight", but....no hot water, no dryer.....so he brought some last night. My hero.

5. Rosie barked in her cage at 5 a.m. to go outside. I dragged myself out of bed, slipped a coat over my nightgown, and took her out into the almost dawn.....it was actually very nice out there, but she had to poop urgently, and pulled me faster than my legs could carry me, and my feet were all wet from the grass, and were slipping around in my Birkenstocks....I was ready to wring her neck....but I AM glad she doesn't just poop in her cage..... and did I fall back to sleep? Of course I did!!! At 7:15, when I should already be up, I started dozing.....I was going to go into the bathroom and next thing I knew, I was dreaming....no fair!!!

6. Paul made a pot of coffee this morning. I could kiss him. hmm, maybe I will...

7. Abigail is supposed to be here in seven minutes for our date. We are going on a beverage-buying excursion for our snackbar at church. And of course I will get some groceries for home, too. We are regretfully leaving the two little misses home with Joseph, and also Jonathan, who has been long overdue for a day off from kindergarten.

8. Things I have to buy today: contact solution for Mali, Margarets wants new sneakers, Mali wants new shirts, I want a new battery charger for my camera batteries (I need to hide it, really well), roast beef is on sale for $1.99 a pound, and I need to go to Aldi for apples and bananas and romaine lettuce.

9. Abigail just texted me and is on her way...oops. I better move it.

10. I never "got it" about cell phones before. But Paul has one, and Emily, Abigail, Mirielle, Aaron, and I have them...I am not exactly a textaholic, but I do like texting. We were at an interesting meeting the other night, and I got a text....it was from Mirielle, who was also at the meeting...it said, "Don't worry Mom, it will get worse..." It was hilarious. That is how they comfort me when I start to get stressed, and it always makes me step back and laugh.

11. I had really better get going....we were supposed to leave three minutes ago.....

No comments: