summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 13, 2010

just sat down and rosie wants out...

Camille and Charlotte Claire in their $4.48 Target clearance dresses....

























Suzanne Eleanor....


I went shopping yesterday with seven of the kids...I always go through them all to make sure I know where they all are....Margaret, Kathryn, Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, and Charlotte Claire went with me to Target and Price Chopper....Emily was home sleeping, Abigail was at her first day of work, Benjamin was home, Mirielle had gotten home from college and was watching Camille who needed a nap, Joseph was home, Aaron, Mali, and Sam were still at school....
Okay...our store trip: Suzanne got upset in Target because I told them to all stop honking the bicycle horns and bouncing the balls (my theory: if there are one or two kids, or even three...not so bad, but when, in this case, SEVEN of them are all honking and throwing and bouncing and turning on the musical toys....rrr), anyway, Suze said she wasn't even touching anything, and I shouldn't have told her to not touch things. I thought it was because Jon had birthday money and was looking to buy something, and I told her she couldn't spend her money on a Webkin.....whatever the reason, she walked around in her zombie mode, where she was upset and slouching and stonefaced....she didn't want any of the Icee/popcorn combos I got in the Target eatery..she finally happied up in the grocery store....I don't know what to do with them sometimes. They had a car cart in the grocery store, and every time I turned around, a different one of them was driving it. As long as they don't bang into the back of my legs or run into any old ladies, I don't care. I told them our mission was to have fun and not spend too much money, and they reminded each other of it a few times, the first part anyway. I think we were successful.
Jonathan settled on a small Thomas Train set, to go with the stuff he already has. This afternoon when Jon was outside riding his bike, Samuel and I got down on the floor and set up all his track to surprise him. I love doing things like that, but with the wood floor....getting back up was challenging. I had to hurry then to go pick up Mali from track, assigning Joseph to grill the steaks and microwave the potatoes. Sirloin steak was $1.99 a pound, and we have enough leftover to make another meal tomorrow, like fajitas.
So we cleaned up dinner and the older kids went off to the youth meeting, Paul is setting the track up again, and I am reading stories in between writing here....I brought Rosie out, and now it is time for some ice cream and bed......






4 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

Sounds like you had a fun day. Do you have a prayer group at your church? My brother and SIL's twins were born last night, as 23 weeks 5 days. Timothy Michael and Leslie Cordelia need all the prayers they can get, as do Robert and Tricia. Tricia started having contractions, the doctors discovered she had an infection, and decided it would be better for the babies to be born. Poor Timothy also had an infection and is hooked up to many machines, as is his sister Leslie.

cheryl said...

Those are not the dresses I saw.. yours are way, way cuter!!!!! But where, oh, where will they wear them??

16 blessings'mom said...

Oh dear, I will be praying for them! I can't even imagine how stressful this is for you and your family.

And Cheryl....should they wear them to kindergarten graduation?

Darla said...

The dresses are darling! I can't believe you got them so cheap!