summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the internet is back...

Our service is spotty out here, so I actually got a lot done this morning around the house. Then Abigail came over at 10:30, and off we went to drop Mirielle off at college and shop for candy for this weekend...our May conference at church....lots and lots of candy for the candy store.

We also went to the dollar store and to BigLots, which was fun because we found some half-price BareNaked granola cereal, and some half-price chips and granola bars.

We stopped at the bank, where the two little girls sat in the comfy chairs reading brochures, and acted like they got a million bucks when the nice teller gave them lollipops.

Camille has only thrown two fits so far today. She wanted to climb into the van by herself, but it was raining out, and Abigail gave her a boost. She didn't like that, she wanted to get out and get back in by herself. Not today, sweetie, it is raining. She had a fit. A nice big loud one. The next one was not until we got home. She wanted a freezepop, and she had to wait until she was up at the table with her bib on. She had just gone pee AND poop on the toilet, which was very nice of her, but she had nothing on and did not want to get any undies on...she just wanted her freezepop, NOW. I brought her down to my room and put her in there and said she could come out when she wanted to be good. I closed the door and held the handle, and after asking her a few times during a few minutes, she decided she wanted to be good. She put on the undies, ate her freezepop and some lunch, had a story, and is now taking a nap. (hopefully)

Suze is home from school again, she doesn't feel well. She isn't just faking, either, she is really down, but it might be that she's tired out from the weekend still.

I am having such a good time right now....Aaron made me a coffee, and we cracked into the giant bag of Hershey Bliss. The first trip kids and Charlotte Claire are watching "Arthur", and doing homework. I have to go to pick up Mali from track in an hour or so, but then I get to stay home tonight, yay. (I went to a meeting last night, wah, on Sonja's birthday....) Tonight we are having rice, Chinese veggies, and orange chicken for dinner.

I am finding life so interesting lately. How blind we can be about our own selves, then when we are humble, God can let us see that maybe, just maybe, we are the contentious one. Or the offended one. Or the one who wants to be right. Or the one who is cold and indifferent. Or the one who wants the last word. ouch.

I am thankful that God sends what I need, no more and more less. He wants me to trust Him and be saved in my trials.

It's funny, because a few years ago when I was knee-deep in babies and toddlers and sleeplessness, I would have imagined that NOW, I would have not troubles at all. ha. Oh, I have nothing to complain about, but I certainly can find things anyway.

For example, I would LOVE a nap right now.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Can you share your Orange chicken recipie? I haven't found one we like yet online.

junglemama said...

Love the new header picture! You guys look great!:)