summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 9, 2010

charlotte claire's present....

How can a two-year-old understand how this present is just plain not for her? She does not like it one little bit, that Charlotte Claire got a birthday present. Charlotte Claire, however is as happy as can be!

I decided tonight was a good time to give her this nice present, her birthday is Tuesday and the older girls will be gone to Girls' Fellowship night, and tomorrow night is the band concert. I will make her a birthday cake one of these nights.....we are already behind two parties, Sonja's and Jonathan's.


I had a nice Mother's Day. Ha, because I got to be a mother. Camille threw two completely awesome temper tantrums, Suze has a stomach ache, I discovered Sonja has a wart on her finger when I was examining an infection on her finger due to biting her nails too short....the kids couldn't go outside because of the snow and rain and wind, so they stayed in the house and got their sleeping bags out, and slid down the stair in them. Paul offered to take me out to dinner, and I was rather interested in that, of course, but it just didn't seem right to leave. Things probably would've been fine here, but...I just didn't want to leave. It could well have been because it is so cozy in here, and so cold out there. And, we had some wicked good barbecued beef leftover from yesterday.....I made some potatoes for the small kids, and corn with peppers and onions...oh, it was good. And Mirielle had baked a double-batch of chocolate chip cookies with coconut...heavenly. This afternoon, when they were coming out of the oven, she brought me two of them, and Kathryn made me a cup of coffee. Yup, I am easy to please.
I swept behind the couch today, and found more miniture poopies, too big to be from a mouse. Then the kids said Chinchy, the chinchilla, had escaped from her cage again....so I am hoping she is the owner, and we don't have any uninvited critters hiding out behind the couch....
Well, these guys are watching an old movie on public television. I am distracted.


3 comments:

Mom said...

That sounds like an awesome Mother's Day! What kind of Mother's Day would it be without housework and tantrums?! Blessings--Bonnie

~ Crystal ~ said...

Hi! I was following your blog through my former blog (with the same title as my new one).However, someone hacked into that account and now I am without that blog address. I am now following you under my new blog account. If you feel inclined, you may find me at my new blog address -- www.italianbelladiaries.blogspot.com.

Tereza said...

happy belated mothers day!! I need to catch up on your blog...haven't been around for a while:)