summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ahh, what a day!!

Today I was going to do some things....then I remembered that my sister-in-law Kim was going to come over for a visit with her two youngest children, Danielle and Sean. I needed to get garbage bags and pull-ups from the store, so I asked her if she wanted to go. Of course she did. So did Abigail, who didn't have to work today. We went into T.J.Maxx first, I got a few things for two of my nephews who are going to be daddies soon....then to another store, where Kim and I looked around while Abigail played so nicely with the kids...there was a big comfy chair, and the lone employee gave the kids a stack of books to look at. I had a ten dollar off coupon, and found myself a nice jean skirt...but at the register, the nice lady gave me a $15 off coupon! Kim got one too, so we have the same skirts now.....and Abigail was the sweetie of the day, she played ring-around-the-rosy and kept those kids entertained while we shopped. It was only the four little ones, Charlotte Claire and Camille, and Sean and Danielle. Kim's two little ones are close in age to mine, Danielle is nine months older than C. C., and Sean is 3 months older than Camille.


We then went to Target, where I was a very good girl. I got Suzanne a new bathing suit, a few pairs of clearanced tights for next year, a $2.24 shirt for Jon, and a few pairs of 75% off pants. Then on to PriceChopper...I was already tired by then, and so was Camille. Abigail pushed Danielle and Charlotte Claire in a big car-car cart, and Kim and I pushed our own carts with our own two-year-olds......they got their cookies from the bakery, and free balloons from the floral department. Then I went through the McDonalds drive through, dollar menu of course, then to Aldi for fruits and veggies. Kim and I had the pleasure of running through by ourselves, courtesy of Abigail, who stayed in the van feeding french fries to the children......
We got back to my house and the little ones got out and played here for a while when Kim went to the small city to pick up her daughter from work.....sunshine and springy weather and swinging and playing and Rosie and all her energy.....I put dinner in the oven, two $1.99 per pound roasts....and made garlic bread and salad and gravy.....ooh, yummy dinner.
And now, I am tired. I wonder why? Paul had to leave right after dinner to go to a meeting... We are watching American Idol....
I am letting my girls stay up a little....



This is Suzanne's eraser collection. She is absolutely nutty about them.



And here is my dear Samuel with Rosie....
Is that random enough????




No comments: