summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

they all got on that bus again!

This mornng it didn't seem so lonely when they left because Miss Charlotte Claire and Miss Camille have been up for quite a while, and are already being....shall we say "challenging"?

They are getting their underwear on. Of course they have to do it themselves....Camille has her froggy boots on, which is a no-no in the house. I have never had two children who go back and forth antagonizing each other as these two do. Most of the time they play wonderfully, in their own little world playing house or store or library, but sometimes....oh, sometimes.....rrr.

Then again, when is the last time I had just two little children?

Sometimes when I am getting out the clothes for the three youngest school kids, I feel like I am working in a clothing store. "I don't want this shirt, the sleeves are too tight." "These tights are itchy." "Grant has this shirt, and I don't like it." Okay.....I'll put it back and get you something else. That is when I am being nice. I honestly have had my times when I say to JUST WEAR IT. But then I always feel bad, especially when they act all uncomfortable and suffer-y. So I end up getting them something else.....

I am back from wiping Camille, changing over the laundry (always check those pockets, I found SweetTarts!), and cleaning up some Rosie pee. The girls headed into the bathroom to go pee, and I heard all the exclamations about Camille doing a poop, I headed in there fast...."Oh Mommy, she did a Piggy-poop! It looks just like a Piggy!" And Camille said, "It is a big Mommy poop, like you, Mommy!" Thanks, Camille....

Then Rosie thought it was playtime...she was bounding around me and wagging her whole butt and nudging me, and then jumping...I told her NO, stop it....and she started barking at me. I am not going to let her run the show like that, so I told her very firmly to STOP IT, and took a step toward her...she ran away and peed. So I guess I have a passive-agressive dog.

One would think that since my youngest is now two and a half, almost, that my house would be cleaner. All I have to say about that is HA.

And another thing, I cannot count how many times through the years different moms have said to me, "I only have two kids and they never stop fighting!", or "I only have two, and they keep me busy"....or "drive me crazy",....or whatever two kids can do to torture a mom. And there I was with my 4 or 5 or 10 or 15 or 16 kids.....and I would smile and think...wow. I must be a good mom. Ha. Ha ha ha. 'Cause now I have THESE two. Oh, I love them with all of my heart, they are funny and sweet and cuddly, but they are spirited, and lively and inquisitive and they fight sometimes, and protest certain cups or bowls and want their own ways....have all my kids been like this? Is it just that is more glaringly obvious because I am just with the two of them all day? Or have I just spoiled them? I don't know, but I am sure of one thing: I am glad I can see how smug I have been, unknowingly smug. So, all you mommies with two or three kids: I do feel your pain!!! (and of course your joy....)

Some people know for certain they aren't going to have more children, for health reasons or other reasons, they might do something permanent, and that is that. They know there won't be any more babies. I, on the other hand, am getting old, slow and agonizingly, each month wondering if maybe, just maybe, I will win the lottery this time, I mean, be pregnant. I don't dwell on it all the time, but when it starts heading towards that time of the month, I cannot help but getting hopeful. Last month I was a whole week late, which is crazy for me (must be just age), and I was already getting out the new Inglesinga pram bed, in my mind. Then...ugh. rats. I know, I know, I know, that God has my best in mind, and He is in charge of passing out those babies, but....I cannot help that hope that starts to spring up, even though I try not to think about it......

I have reserved our hotel room for this weekend....my sister Cheryl and I, and Evelyn (10), Suzanne (9), and Sonja (she turns 8 this Monday), and hopefully my sister's granddaughter Grace, will be staying there. I am so looking forward to spending time with my girls. I told them about it yesterday, and they are thrilled and just can't believe it is happening. It was bothering me how Jonathan would feel....Friday is his birthday, and Mommy and his sisters leaving....(Margaret and Kathryn are going too, but they are staying in a different place, with other soccer team kids)......but I presented it to him like this: " Jon, you get to have daddy almost to yourself, just you and he and the two little girls....he said he is taking you someplace on Friday for your birthday....". So he is fine with us going, and I am relieved by that. (Friday there is a fundraiser at the Carrier Dome again, a rap concert, which all of our older kids will be at. Then Sam and all the girls down to Sonja will be with me.....) Our van will be pretty full, with the younger girls, Cheryl and I, and eight soccer playing girls. And all their sleeping bags and suitcases and teddy bears. It is going to be SO much fun!!! ha, I am a soccer mom!

As usual, I am postponing what I really should be doing, but writing relaxes me. Even when the two little girls are playing right here and are so funny...poor Camille...one of her dollies is telling the other one, "Soon you will go to the hotel!" She thinks she's going....poor thing. I can please some of the kids some of the time.....

3 comments:

true blessings said...

I love your full house and so regret w/all my heart getting my tubes tied,is it wrong for me to pray for a miracle?

Kelly Polizzi said...

lol i really enjoy reading about your life.

Standinginhislight said...

*sigh* I too, briefly hold my breathe each month wondering if just maybe I'm not quite too old yet. I am 43, the 'baby' is almost 2...and God is gently giving me an answer, one that I am not quite willing to hear just yet. =)
Lol, and of course, not quite so open about it, I would have family member pass out if they knew i would love to have more, yet not so surprised I am sure!
Blessings to you today!
~Sheri