summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 10, 2010

home, home again, I like to be here when I can....

(pink floyd)(yes, I used to listen to them, and still love their music) Anyway...we are back, the kids are fine, and the house didn't fall down. Mirielle is a saint, that's all there is to it.

I took some nice pictures but cannot put them on until my computer gets fixed. Paul has ordered a new cord, so it should be pretty soon. Here are the things I took pictures of:

1. The lake. The lake from our window, the lake from the pier, the lake from the beach, the lake from a different beach.

2. Paul. I took a picture of him in the warm and cozy and loud and delicious pub we went to for dinner. We had the fish fry, and it was good. (I had sweet potato fries, ooh.)

3. Amish people plowing the field with horses.

4. A bald eagle in a bald eagle's nest, on top of a huge electric post.

5. Our hotel from out on the pier.

Things I didn't get pictures of:

1. The laughably small pool in hotel. I was absolutely shocked about how tiny it was. It looked like a hot tub.

2. The albino deer we saw.

3. The fish swimming under the surface of the water, from our hotel window.

4. Paul relaxing and playing his guitar.

5. Our lunch date at the opposite end of the lake from our hotel. (we were going to split a sub, but it was Customer Appreciation Day at Subway, so the subs were buy one get one free. We still each ate half, but saved the other halves for dinner)

So life went on when we were gone, and Mirielle kept in touch with us, since we all have cell phones now. She texted and said things like, "Camille just fell and cut her lip and is bleeding alot but I think she's fine", and "can you bring home some tomatoes?"

Camille is still up since she had a nice nap today, and she is sitting with me waiting with a pile of books. She is a story-crazy girl. and she is getting impatient.

4 comments:

Tereza said...

how fun! we were out tonight for our anniversary and we got a text saying "Ashley is cryig for mom" :):)

Robin said...

Sounds like a wonderful get-away! Can't wait to see pics.

FLmom7 said...

I'm glad you and your hubby got a break for awhile, hope you enjoyed it:)

Deb said...

You totally deserve the break. I am glad you got a chance to get away.