summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the breakfast table...

Evelyn, Suzanne, Sonja, and Jonathan all ride the second trip bus to school. I sat at the table with them this morning while they planned Grandparent's Day. See, every year the school has this day for Grandparents and special friends. My parents are have both died (they used to go to Grandparent's Day, which is another whole story....wah!), and the other grandparents are in Florida, and it isn't their type of thing anyway. So...for my kids it is just a sad day. It drives home the fact that they do not have their Gramma anymore. They say that Emily has the day off, and Evelyn says that means she should go to school for her. The other kids say that is no fair, and it is too hard to share a person at school, so they should all skip and do something fun with her. But they didn't stay on that subject, they also covered the BABY subject, which means they all want a new baby. Evelyn says that there are extra babies in China in the orphanages, and we should just get one of those. Sounds simple. Jonathan says that if we pray for a baby, God will put one right on our table. Suze said that maybe God will put a Chinese baby in my tummy. In a way it is hilarious that they seriously think we are lacking because we need a baby. Jon really wants a baby brother. They don't get the concept of mommy getting old, they just know that we have babies here every year or so, and it is high time! I told them I was getting old, and Suze patted my arm and said, "Mom, don't get moldy!"....ha ha.

Joseph made breakfast for Charlotte Claire and I: eggs and sausage. He even brought it to me. wow. It is a good day. It is cloudy and rainy though, not fun for taking Rosie out. She is a mud-bunny, napping in her cage, dreaming of escaping to the neighbor's yard.

Today I have appointments and things to do and places to go, again. I am not sure yet if I will be bringing the little girls or not, but I am thinking I will. Camille was up with me until midnight last night because she took a good nap yesterday, and because she was so much fun last night. So she is sleeping in late on this fine morning for sleeping. It is that kind of day, either that or the good book kind of day. Cloudy and cozy.

I am feeling guilty because Joseph not only made and served me breakfast, he is now out there doing the dishwasher. I had better get up and get moving....

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

When Joe was oing back and forth to china last year and dealing with the government, they suggested he adopt a baby girl form one of the orphanages. (apparently it depends how much you want to 'pay' though)
He said it was so sad, there were big babies there who didnt even know how to do the basic things like crawl , they just lay there al day with no or very little interaction form anybody. So sad. :-(...

You do have to love what Jon said though, so cute!