summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 19, 2010

the prayers of my heart....

I couldn't sleep in this morning, as I had to be out of the house by 8:45. So I woke up at seven, and my mind started in on things, and no more sleep for me. If I hadn't stayed up talking to the older girls 'til one o'clock, it wouldn't have been so bad...but I do not learn. And, it was worth it.

So......while I thought about my day and my week and the kids vacation, I had lots and lots of things to pray about.....

Dear God, help me to think before I speak, before I correct the kids, before I utter a threat. Help me to see that I am bothered, and deal with that before blaming things on anyone. Help me to use my time wisely so I have time enough to listen to what each of these kids has to say to me. Help me not to just listen with one ear, and say, "Uh-huh", while not hearing anything they said. Help me to keep my mouth shut when I am tempted to complain, and to sing songs of thankfulness instead of going on and on about how much stuff these guys leave around the house. Help me to be conscious of each thing I put into my mouth today, especially in the afternoon when I have that "I-really-don't-care-attitude", and a cup of coffee. Help me to go the extra mile, or at least up and down that second hill on my walk, even if Rosie-the-bad-dog is pulling and tugging. Help me not to care what people think of me. Help me not to agree with random uncharitable thoughts about my husband or my friends. Help me to be good as much as I can, to do good and be kind and not live for myself today.

That was generally what I prayed this morning. And now it is afternoon....I have been shopping with some of my kids, I sat in the sun with them when I got home. Now I am taking a break before that happy time called DINNER TIME. I bought four packages of sirloin tip steak with reduced stickers on them, and put them in southwest marinade. I think I will grill them, the cut them up and serve them with a salad....romaine, tomatoes, peppers, onions....maybe a few baked potatoes for the kids.

Kathryn doesn't feel well. Her tummy hurts. I am not surprised. My sister-in-law and some of her kids have had the throw-up bug, and we were with them. And of course, things go around in school, too. So I can't really make big plans for vacation......I WAS going to take them mini-golfing tomorrrow. I have never taken them and thought it would be fun. The problem with things like that is that when you take ten kids, and it costs four or five bucks each, it becomes a major investment. Since Kathryn isn't feeling well, I might just take some of them swimming in the evening. It feels so nice! And, I bought four pairs of goggles today. Evelyn already has some, so that won't be too bad to share the rest.

The girls are checking the pool schedule, and it is open tonight...but there is soccer, too....hmm. But the little girls didn't nap today....hmm. I am tired, but it would feel so nice.....

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Gosh, your prayer is EXACTLY what I needed to read right now, and I AM on vacation!!!