summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 29, 2010

a new day...

and they all went to school, again!! Samuel was reluctant, he didn't feel well, he couldn't fall asleep last night...but I was persistent, and made him go. He wasn't too thrilled with me, but he got on the bus. I am praying for him today, that he isn't too miserable. I am a wimpy mother, I do not like to see my kids suffer, so I would rather have told him to just stay home. But I have to do what is best for him, and when he misses alot of school in his grade, he gets behind and his grades really suffer.

This afternoon I have to take Kathryn and Evelyn to the dentist. We also have to take the van to a vacuum place to play Hurry And Vaccum Before The Time Runs Out. Hopefully Kathryn and Evelyn are up for playing, because there is no way I can vacuum under the last two rows of seats. I do not think I have ever been back there.....

I went to Mali's trackmeet yesterday and suffered immensely for over two hours. It was freezing out there, with a cold wind. Watching her run was a joy though, she is a natural. She came in second in the mile, did well in the long jump, and I don't even know what the other events are called. She loves to run though, and has a good time.

I got home in time to help serve the pizzas the kids had made, and out the door again to a Sister's meeting, which was so wonderfully encouraging, I could cry just thinking about it.

On the way home I had a nice talk with God, and I am determined that I will be much more diligent to seek His kingdom first each day.

I got home and Miss Rosie was tied up out front, so I unhooked her and brought her in, put her in her cage, got out school clothes for today, took a shower, and went to bed. I fell right to sleep, in spite of the yummy cup of coffee I had had. About an hour later I was awakened by Miss Rosie, whining and barking. Rats. This could only mean one thing. I got up and put my coat and shoes on and let her drag me down the stairs and into the yard. I will nicely spare the details, but she had "the runs" again. I do not consider myself to be scared of the dark, but I do not like being out in the yard in the middle of the night by myself. Even with such a good watchdog. It is creepy. There was a beautiful full moon though...

I am glad she lets me know, and doesn't just go in her cage, but jeepers. We only feed her only Purina Dog Chow, but sometimes she gets other things, and small scraps. She must have a sensitive stomach. It is pretty funny, really. Camille sleeps through the night now, but Rosie gets me up.

Tomorrow is Jonathan's birthday. I am planning to make him Rice Krispy treats, and send in some Capri Suns. He didn't want cupcakes because "everyone always brings cupcakes". Okay. I do feel very rotten leaving on his birthday. But today he is going with Emily to pick up her new car, so he is very very excited. Jonathan is obsessed with cars. He will carry around a tiny steering wheel from a small car, and drive all around the house. He always has one of his toy steering wheels in the van wherever we go, if not, he will use a nickel or a quarter. Or a drink top. He got to sit on Abigail's lap and steer while she moved her car for me yesterday. So he is a happy boy today. He went with Emily one day while she looked at cars, and she took a picture on her phone of him sitting in a sports car convertable (how embarrassing, I don't know what kind of car it was, but he certainly does!)...she said she let him sit in as many cars as he wanted to, and he came home euphoric.

I mostly caught up on my laundry yesterday, but other than that, I have to do all the same things today as I did yesterday. The pizza pans are waiting for me, there are cups all over the counter, and the floors need sweeping. But today, I will not complain, no matter how much I am tempted. God has been too good to me for me to just be unthankful......

2 comments:

Tereza said...

Lately I've had kids that do not want to go to school too. And nothing is really going my way this week:) good time to learn to just be and be thankful!

mommeeof10 said...

3 of mine did not go to school today. Richie 12 has bronchitis again, Billy 10 had a headache and Ray 7 has an upset stomach. I hope they all go to school tomorrow, as they tend to fight when they are home.