summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, April 17, 2010

saturday, and it is COLD

Sam and I took Rosie for a little walk...."little" because we were assaulted by hail! It is very cold and windy out there, like autumn. I thought a little cold would be fine, but the hail.....it was sting-y and just a little bit scary. What if it got bigger, ouch?

Today is a good day. We are babysitting for my sister Cheryl's grandson, Will. He will be here all day while his mommy and daddy are at a church fundraiser. He is exactly one year younger than Camille, and the kids have been fighting over him. He is so adorable. He is taking a nap right now, and they keep asking how long is he will sleep.

Camille is going to take a little nap right now, too. Her brothers and sisters are playing store, they have bags out and the toy register and real pennies (yes, we will get them put away before Will gets up). It is kind of hard for Camille to say goodnight to them, so I told her I would give her TicTacs when she gets up if she takes a good nap. I think bribery is okay. (Hebrews 12, v. 2 "for the joy set before him, he endured the cross....")

It is one of those cozy gloomy days, the kind I simply love. Jonathan is still in his polar bear jammies and chaarlotte Claire has her one-piece footie snowman jammies on. I am going to go with Sam to pick up his friend who lives nine miles down the road, then hopefully I am home for the day. Margaret and Kathryn and Evelyn are badminton-holics these days, and it was just too chilly for them out there. They lasted about 15 minutes.

Sam is now chomping to get going. I shouldn't have suggested it until after I relaxed here for a while, too late now.

3 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Great new family photo! It's fun to see Mom and Dad, too. Maybe it's not so new but I've been a little busy and haven't gotten out here.
Katie

Kate said...

Hail? Wow - that's pretty extreme weather for spring!

cheryl said...

After all that nice weather we get hail.. we had some more snow on the way down, not much, but interesting. The ride down here was quite nice, we took rt. 81 all the way, past the Blue Ridge Mt.s, it's been really pretty. The nice people at the hotel said we could hot tub and swim as late as we wanted, so we did. I hope it gets nicer for the kids up there this week!!!!! Although they seem to have a great time no matter what. Have a good week..