summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

sunday...a day of rest

We are watching "The Diary Of Anne Frank" on the public television station. It is hard to complain about how busy I have been today when this is on. These poor people were terrified, and of course we already know how it ended.

But it HAS been a busy day. We got up and went to church, then came home and had our grilled cheese and fruit on the deck, in the warm sunshine. The kids rode their bikes and played on the swings and went in and out of the house. I made dinner for only 8 of us. The youth age kids were at a picnic. I made Chinese food: sesame chicken and General Tsaos chicken, and rice and stir-fry vegetables. Suzanne and Sonja acted as if I was feeding them roasted ladybugs or something. Not the rice and chicken, no, the vegetables. Carrots, red peppers, green beans, snap peas....heavenly...but not to them. I got out some chocolate covered mint cookies, and sort of bribed them to at least try each thing...they ate most of them after all, with those cookies in sight. '

I did a few loads of laundry, the dishwasher, and some picking up. It IS Sunday, so I didn't get stressed out about getting all in order today. Tomorrow will be soon enough, although when I wake up and see the mess tomorrow morning I will probably wish I had done more today.

Well, my dear daughter Emily has stopped in...I REALLY can't concentrate now...

No comments: