summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 5, 2010

is it monday again already?

Life is going by too fast. When I brought Rosie out this fine morning, and realized MONDAY AGAIN, it seemed like last Monday was just yesterday. The school kids all went to school, but this is a special week because Mirielle is on college break. Mirielle loves the sun, and the forecast is for cloudy rainy weather. Poor Mirielle.

Today, I have things to do with Benjamin, and Mirielle and Abigail want to go shopping. So I won't be staying home.

Our Easter dinner was not too bad. Ben was really hungry, so he took the marinated chicken out to the grill...and scorched the heck out of it. I am glad everyone had the sense to just eat it and not bug Ben too much about it, because he felt bad. The fajitas were still pretty good. And the dinner company was even better. We were all there except Emily, so 17 around the table. Well really 16 because Charlotte Claire had eaten so much candy she didn't even come to the table. She is eating MiniWheats right now, she asked for her basket before her eyes were even opened all the way, but nice mommy said NO.

Eminent Domain. It makes me seethe. In the small city closeby, a developer wants some property within the city for a hotel. This developer made pitifully small offers to the business owners, and they have declined. So it is legal for the city to grant Eminent Domain to the developer, because it would be "good for the city"....and how is it possibly fair? Why should a big corporation be allowed to swallow smaller businesses? They should at least have to pay them ten times market value to make up for the pain and loss of income and cost of relocating. One of the places is a Chinese restaurant (one of our favorites, actually), and the owners cannot believe this is happening here in America. Communist China is one thing, but here?

I am happy. One of the chief reasons is because my hope is renewed. I am not just going to crash through life like Rosie, pulling where I want to go without submitting. No, I am going to maintain that connection to God, and listen carefully for His leading. It is easy to be merciful when I have been acknowledging my own sin. It doesn't feel good when I see how proud or contentious I have been, or how I am envious or miserly......but He gives grace to the humble.

No comments: