summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 12, 2010

the quiet

It is almost midnight, and smart mommies are already in bed. Mommies that know about consequences. But not this mommy, no - this mommy does not learn. This mommy will drag her lazy self out of bed in the morning, with those sandpaper eyelids, procrastinating the final leg-swing out of the bed, falling back into dreamland with every blink of her eyes. But this mommy is in love. In love with quiet.

The only sounds in here: the fan running in the children's room, and Rosie giving herself a paw wash. Rosie, by the way, is a very bad girl. She escaped from the deck and went out back and came home covered in mud. I was going to give her a bath anyways, but jeepers! Now she is clean and sweet though.

And I am enjoying the quiet. If I had some energy left, I would do some things around here, but nah, I am drained. I don't even have the kids clothes ready for tomorrow, but it will be simple to do since things are much better in the laundry room now.

They only have three more school days until their long break! Tomorrow I have to take Aaron shopping for sunglasses for his trip to New Mexico. I will also get him some socks from the dollar store, and maybe a new shirt or two if they're cheap. I am hoping he will find his sunglasses at the dollar store or at Biglots.

Benjamin got a job, finally. He is starting tomorrow at the N.Y. Pizzeria in the next town over. He has experience in pizza making. Hopefully he will get lots and lots of hours. He is still researching what job to choose for the Army, he is leaning toward Medic. Even if he signed the papers tomorrow, he wouldn't ship out until late July or August, so he needs some money in the mean time.

Abigail was so nice to have here today. She really helped alot. She stayed right through dinner time so I could go to a meeting tonight with Paul. I really appreciate it. The school kids were in bed when I got home, and I feel like I missed out....but tomorrow morning will come soon enough...and I should go to bed so I am not too grumpy.

2 comments:

Tereza said...

I'm trying really hard to larn from consequences:) I hate feeling like a zombie the next day but like you said I too am in love with the evening quiet time!!:) Sometimes though it's not even quiet UNTIL midnight! Either way I decided to go to bed by 11:30~so far I havent but have gotten close...maybe tonight...
Rosie sounds big and fluffy with being freshly bathed and all:)

MoonDog said...

yep I do it too. late at night. everyone is sleeping. the dogs are quiet. the kids are quiet. the streets are quiet and no one is demanding anything of me. I stay up too late a couple times a month just listening to the quiet. I always think Oh! I could get the laundry done! or the dishes! but then decide, NO that would break the silence.