summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 22, 2010

sleeping in...blissfully

And forgetting all about getting up to take Mali to track practice....until she nudged my shoulder and loudly whispered, "Mom!! Get up!"....and I panicked, and she said, "It's okay, we have 15 minutes." Now, 15 minutes is not enough to make myself beautiful, I mean "presentable", take Rosie out for her morning ritual, and get going....but I made it somehow. I just took Rosie with us. After I dropped Mali off, I encountered fire trucks and police cars and a traffic stop....a house near the school had been on fire, there was a huge hole in the roof, and it was black and burned.....I don't know who lives there but I am sure we will find out soon, I hope everyone got out safely.

Today was going to be the go-for-HappyMeals-day, but apparently Emily has the day off and is taking Jon and Sonja over to her appartment. So we will put that off until Saturday, when Paul and the older ones are working at the Carrier Dome again.

Mirielle and I have the task of planning and buying the food for a memorial feast that will take place this Sunday. It is for Gwen, a very dear friend of ours, who passed away in November. We will plan tonight, then shop tomorrow. I don't know how many kids we will take with us yet, but I am sure it will be eventful. We also have to get a snack for a wedding shower Saturday evening.

Bike prices have gone up. I was unpleasantly surprised in Walmart. $79, $94... ouch. And suddenly, it seemed that Evelyn NEEDED a bike, too. She has been riding one with no brakes, blah blah blah. So yes, we walked out of Walmart with two new "gear bikes", as they call them. Then Ben got home last night and said he saw a nice bike for sale for $30 in the small city....rrr.

I made three sippy cups of hot cocoa this morning, when I made my coffee. It is chilly and cloudy and cozy. I would like to go back to bed with my book. But I won't. I will get up from my comfy chair and put in a load of laundry and do the dishwasher and clean up and keep busy and read stories and be a nice mommy.

I don't have much to say, but I DO have much to do....

1 comment:

mommeeof10 said...

We have way too many bikes (10?) on our front porch. Most of them are not ridden. A few need minor repairs, like a new inner tube in one 20 inch girls bike, or one 20 inch boy's bike that the pedal unscrewed and fell off. I think it is in a box somewhere in hubby's workshop. There are a few with nothing wrong with them, other than they are pink/purple, so the boys don't want to ride them and Laura is not big enough for one. She has a 16 inch bike with training wheels and no sense. Daddy bought her a new helmet today, as she lost her other one, so decided to ride without one.