summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

they all went to school, AGAIN!!!

Two days in a row for all nine to get on that bus has to be a record! It leaves such an emptiness when they troop out the door though. wah.

And: IT IS SNOWING OUT!!!! Big huge thick flakes. It looks so funny to see that white snow falling on the fresh green grass and new baby leaves with their distinctive springy color. I took Miss Rosie out this morning, and I shortened our usual trot (ha, I should say sort-of-fast-walk) down the road, it was cold and I had a skirt and shirt and clogs on, with bare feet....it didn't take me long to realize that winter is back. I packed up the girls' tights a few weeks ago, but didn't put the bag away. So procrastination is sometimes a good thing.

So I am hoping Rosie doesn't have to go pee again until like tomorrow.

I wanted to take a picture of the snow, but when I located my camera, which one of my lovely daughters borrowed this past weekend, the memory card wasn't in it. She has no idea where it is!!! So next time someone wants to borrow my stuff.....I know, I know, I'll say "yes".

I reserved our hotel room in Conneticut. Yay!!! It is a bit further away from the place the kids will be staying than I wanted, but the small city nearest has only two hotels, one is an inn with no pool (Paul and I stayed there a few years back, and it is nothing to write home about), and the other had all bad reviews. One review actually said, "Do NOT stay here! It is gross!".....I was just going to book it anyway, but I decided it was better to drive a little and stay some place nicer. The place I got was cheaper than this one, too. I do have triple A, which I will take a moment to sing the praises of, even though I am not getting one red cent to do so. It is so worth it to have AAA. (Automobile club of America?). One car-towing a year is worth it. Or if you lock your keys in the car, they will come, anytime of the day or night. Once I had a flat tire on the big huge van, and was big and huge and pregnant, and it was hot and humid and miserable outside, and inside, and YAY, the man that triple A sent came along and changed that tire for me.

I couldn't find my camera last night, because lovely daughter-who-borrowed-it was already in bed, but I wanted to take a picture of my radiant daughter Emily, who just bought her second car!!!! The first one was sort of old, but this one is a 2009 Suzuki, which seats five. She is so excited. It gets good gas milage, and she said it isn't too "soccer mom-ish". We live 35 minutes or so from the hospital she works in, so she needs a good reliable vehicle with good gas milage. She is picking it up today, so if I find my memory card, I will take some pictures...not so much of the car, but of her happy face. There is something very satisfying in seeing my child grow up and make good choices, work hard, and be succesful and happy.

I am taking the little girls out and about today, because we need fruits and veggies again. I like having bananas and apples for them and obviously they go fast, and I can't exactly stock up on them. And I like to have those healthy veggies in the fridge for salads. It is a bit expensive, but I usually get them at Aldi. Paul likes eating healthy, and I think if he does, the kids should be able to have good fresh things too, and if that's how he wants me to spend our money, I am more than happy to.

That means I have to get out of my comfy chair and get mooooving......rrr.

2 comments:

mommeeof10 said...

At least one of mine has to miss the bus everyday. We llive in town, so it is only 2 miles each way to the school farthest away. Yet it is really annoying to have to get everyone in the van to drive someone. Now that my 12 yr old has a new bike, he wants to ride to school every day. It is only 2 long city blocks as the crow flies. He likes not having to wait for sibling and mom to get ready. He can ride to school when he is ready to leave.

I should have known something was different with my 16 yr old, as he is obsessed with Legos and space. He wants to join the military and be an astronaut. We see.

Martha said...

"So I am hoping Rosie doesn't have to go pee again until like tomorrow." You always make me smile.

I went out into the winter weather today and thanked the Lord that yesterday was a fairly decent day. We didn't get stuck in the rain and that was a blessing.

Hope you find that camera card!