summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, April 5, 2010

emily, abigail, ben, mirielle, joe, sam....mali...

paul and I, and Camille.....we are watching the college basketball final. There is such a spirit of fun in this living room. Camille is playing with her battery operated fishing game, and the older kids are fooling around like crazy while they watch the game. Emily is telling about a nurse she works with who has newborn twins at home, and three other children. He comes home from work and his wife is exhausted...so he takes over so she can sleep. I asked if they wanted to give away one of the babies, but they don't. They just want some help.

Camille just picked up the fishing game, and put it back in the closet. Wow. Now she is shaking her bedtime bottle of water into my empty afternoon coffee cup which is still sitting here. Now she is putting a hair elastic on her wrist, what a pretty bracelet. She wants me to do her hair. No, I don't think so sweetie.

I took Benjamin to talk to the Army recruiter today. He will be taking his placement test tomorrow. And go from there. wah. We went to Wegman's together after that for dog food and kitty food....one hundred dollars later, we were out of there. I got burger and chicken and bananas and bread and tortillas and a five pound bag of shredded mozzarella cheese. I was a good girl and stayed away from the muffins and donuts. I had to make up for the five mini-Reese's PeanutButter Eggs I had on the way to the small city. I had an early early bowl of cereal, and it was almost lunch time. That is my excuse. And this evening I had some of Mirielle's homemade banana cake with cream cheese frosting. The whole house smelled heavenly, how could I resist?

Our dinner was the homemade pizza I was supposed to make on Saturday....I had to use the dough. It was very nice and warm this afternoon, near seventy, so I just brought pizza out on the deck, with some fresh sliced pineapple, and water to drink. Easy to serve, and very little cleanup. And fun.

I am finding it hard not to eat bad things, especially with all these kids around. Not just the baskets of candy, but these guys like to snack in the evening. And they can, I just need to keep my hand out of the bag.

Samuel James needs to go to bed, since he is only 14 and he has school tomorrow. Mali, too. I am mean. It is only almost eleven o'clock.

And I am too distracted......no quiet around here tonight....

1 comment:

Pamela Wade said...

I love reading your blog! So many things you say sound like me! I only have 8 kids though. Anyway, I know what you mean about the kids wanting to snack at night. It's hard to watch what I eat cuz it always seems like there's a party going on around here! We've got older kids and little ones too. Lots of fun! ~~Pam