summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, April 23, 2010

finally sitting in my chair...

One of my favorite places, I might add. Today I went to ten places.

1. Mirielle's college to drop her off.

2. The dollar store.

3. Big Lots.

1. Mirielle's college to pick her up, but I won't count that as two places.

4. Aldi

5. Wegman's

6. McDonalds

7. Walmart

8. B.J's

9. Blockbuster

10. BigM

Oops, 11! We went to the bank.

We got food for here, food for the activity club party tonight, and food for the memorial feast on Sunday. I also got some more candy for our grill/candy store at church.

We got home, and the boys had tied Rosie up (I don't like to do that very often), and of course when I let her loose, she ran around and greeted us all, then went over to the neighbors house to poop. rrr. I have to buy Aaron a pair of black pants for his new job at McDonalds that starts tomorrow, so I bribed him....I told him I would give him $2o for the pants, but he had to take the rake and shovel across the street and be a good neighor. Joseph went with him, for no pay.

I assigned tasks for the boys who were here, and they did them, but boys are not like girls. The girls would have had this place much nice when I got home, they don't just go by the letter of the law like the boys. Ben, Joseph, Aaron, and Sam were here, along with their cousins Luke and Jake, andMali, Margaret, Kathryn, Suzanne, Sonja, Jonathan, Charlotte Claire, and Camille. I went with Abigail, Mirielle, and Evelyn.

I brought home some flip flops from the dollar store, so the two little girls are hopping around here in them.... they are staying home tonight with Paul and I, and it will be like the old days when we had two little girls, Emily and Abigail. Benjamin is working at the pizza place in town, and the rest of the kids (except for Emily, who is at work tonight) are going to the activity club party. They are having a jungle theme.....what fun.

I saw a newborn baby today in Wegmans. The mommy was bundling him up to brave the chilly breeze, and when I walked by and got a glimpse of him, I unexpectedly and suddenly got all teary-eyed. Did I enjoy it enough when I had all those babies? Did I cherish them enough? I know I didn't leave them fussing while I mopped the floor, that's for sure. The baby always came first, and sometimes that was frustrating, because things HAD to be done....the dryer would beep, things got spilled, toddlers pooped....but I do think I loved those babies plenty.

Charlotte Claire and Camille want some stories.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm not sure that you can ever love a baby enough. Watching my two toddlers growing up today--so fast, right before my eyes. I wish I could go back to when they were tiny babies and love them some more. So precious. But today, as my 2.5 year old sweet baby girl brought me rock after tiny rock, because she'd seen me picking some up--was so special. One of those moments you want to burn in your brain and never forget.