summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, April 1, 2010

ponyo and sick kids

I called the pediatrician today. Emily told me to. So I did. I got a one o'clock appointment with the physician's assistant or nurse practioner or whatever she is. She is very nice, and very capable...but I wasn't too happy with that because the regular dr. has been our dr. since Emily was born. And he knows our croup history. And I was not too happy with the one o'clock time, either...prime sun time. I know, that is bad. But I called back and said I could not make it in at one. There just happened to be an opening with the dr. at 2:15....Emily texted me and said she would come with me...she came over early and sunned with us a bit, me who should have been doing other things....ha, not on a day like today! I actually got a sunburn! Anyways, diagnosis: bronchitis. And croup. So they got some Zithromax and some prednisolone for the throat swelling. I am glad I took them. I wish I had a video of them there. Charlotte Claire went first, and was shy and hesitant, then Camille-The-Bold stepped up and had her turn, being so careful to do everything she saw her sister do. When the dr. came in, Camille just stood right next to his chair staring at him.

We went to the "candy store", which is what the kids call the small pharmacy next to the dr. office, because of course it sells candy. They each grabbed two 5 cent packages of sweettarts...not too bad. They were happy as can be.

Then, a quick trip to Walmart. Ha. Camille was so fussy in there, I tried to hurry....but how can a mom hurry when there were such cute little dresses for only $5 each? I also brought the Target ad and price-matched the movie "Ponyo", a Hayao Miyazaki movie, (like "Totoro")....it is such a cute animae...it makes me smile. We rented it last week and liked it so much I bought it. I also got bagels and milk and bananas and some ginger ale for sick kids. And lunch stuff for the kids who are going on the hike with Emily tomorrow. By the time I got to the register, Camille had HAD it. I was the sheepish mom with the fussy snotty crying two year old, who obviously should have been home in bed, not in WalMart.

Aaron grilled burgers, Margaret cut up veggies, and we had a nice dinner. The kids are watching their movie now, it is a good night for a movie. They are tired and have had lots of hours outside riding bikes and playing in the sunshine.

I could think of a million other things to say, but a certain two year old needs her mama.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh also I meant to add: have you seen Princess Mononoke? and the Castel in the sky? they are really good anime from Miazaki too. :)

Anonymous said...

oh I'm glad you went to the doc!
Get well soon Camille!

16 blessings'mom said...

Yes, and "Howl's Moving Castle" and "Spirited Away".....our little girls just LOVE "Totoro" though...the kitty bus is adorable...