summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Saturday, May 23, 2009

crazy-ah-meter

Well, it was zinging there up to ten for a bit today. Three things at once. One of the older kids took a huge load of nice light colored clothes out of the dryer and put it on the couch. I had to hang them all up, and in the process, I started weeding out some long-sleeved shirts, and did some other sorting in the dreaded and previously clean laundry room. Paul was taking a trip to the dump with Samuel and Jonathan, the big kids were all sleeping still, and the little girls were up and about. The three things: tangly hangers. I do believe that tangly hangers are one of the most frustrating things that exist. Then, Camille bit Charlotte Claire, and the puppy peed on the floor. The puppy likes to pee on the floor, I think. Whenever I catch her, I simply say NO, and take her immediately outside to where we want her to go, and say, "Potty!", and of course praise her to the hills when she goes. Sounds simple, right? Well....add in Camille, who also likes to go outside with mommy.....and then there's the puddle of pee left on the floor....last night, Camille and Charlotte Claire took turns not seeing the puddle and slipping in it. So they had to have their clothes changed and get all washed up. I cannot humanly clean up the puddle and take the dog out immediately....and when no one is here to help....man!

So, I really don't mean to complain. Because when the crazy-ah-meter goes wild, there is something magical that can happen to me. I can partake of salvation. I never heard of this when I was growing up....then I heard the gospel. I do not like to preach, but the gospel is good news! Very few people realize the depth of what Jesus did for us. He overcame sin. Sin had no dominion over Him. He then left the holy spirit for us. To speak to us, to lead us. Jesus said, "Follow me!" So, we can! We then can have victory also, over all the sin that dwells in us....all the anger and impatience and jealousy and discontent. The fruits of the spirit are a wonderful replacement for all of those awful things....we just need to pray to God ....He does hear our prayers. And we need to endure, and not give in. This is not a rule-filled restrictive life. It is a life full of goodness and mercy and freedom from all that would bind us. There are always good articles on www.brunstad.org to help with this. So when life gets crazy, and we get tempted to anger, ect., we instead have opportunities to overcome! Then happiness is present where regret and sorrow reigned....it is a good fight.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

Yes, it IS a good fight of faith, well worth fighting!! As we heard this weekend at the 80th birthday feasts of 2 extremely faithful, kind, generous, loving, I could go on..men.
I had to laugh about the hangers.. the other day I had a whole bag to go through, and I just couldn't get them all apart, so you can guess where they went.. to Hanger Heaven, which is in the garage. It is hard for me to throw away anything that is not broken or un-usable. But..