summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 15, 2009

I have a date today....

with my dear friend Angela. She has eight children, and her husband is a two year cancer survivor, esophogeal cancer. He is still not 100%, (feeding tube at night), and Ang has some horrible knees, so they make quite a pair with their eight kids, aged 15 and down....they deal with their trials with faith and humor, and are both delightful to be with. This morning we will be going shopping, and then out to lunch. With NO CHILDREN. Now I love my kids. And she loves hers. To pieces. But ahhh. Some conversation about anything we want without interuption...ahh.

At the risk of over-talking (is that a word, no, probably not) about my puppy, who is still un-named (the kids are calling her Binnamon, so I guess I am defeated....that is a stupid name), anyway, Ms. Binnamon is doing quite well. She adjusted to her cage, I mean crate, already. It is right here in the living room. We put her in last night around 11pm, and I did not hear her whine until people started getting up at 7am. Paul, who didn't really want another dog, took her out to potty this morning. What a guy. It is no secret that he is totally smitten with this pup, how could he not be? She is a sweetie. She did pee in her cage, I mean crate, but no poop in there or anywhere in the house yet....so that is good. She likes to play, and does bite and nip, which we are really working with. She just seems so promising, like she wants to please us....I am trying to eke out the time to train her properly, so that she is gentle with the kids and a good listener. I am working on getting her to come when I call her. Ha. This morning I sat on the floor with her food before I fed her, and called her over and gave her a piece everytime she came to me, along with plenty of praise. But I had kids to get ready for school....

I know, I know, puppy puppy puppy.

Today is Sonja's day to stay home. I promised them when we got a puppy they would get a day to stay home with her. Sonja is only 7, but she can carry that pup out to potty, and watch her play outside.

Mirielle is done with college for the term, but starts a new term on Monday. Abigail is DONE at her state school, with the long commute, she finished yesterday. Now she just needs one term of classes to get some credit hours, and she is DONE for good. Her and Mirielle will be commuting together, they planned their schedules and have the exact same hours. So, today is Abigail's only vacation day. Benjamin....oh, he is a long story. He dropped his classes. He is thinking of joining the Navy. It may be good for him, but it breaks my heart to think of him being gone so much, and when he comes back, he will be different. I know he needs to do something, and maybe get away from some friends here.

I am supposed to leave soon to go with Angela, yay! This weekend is a huge weekend for us. It is the soccer tournament in our church. Each of the fellowships has a team, and we have games all day tomorrow, and a few on Sunday. This year, I have Mali, Sam, Margaret, and Kathryn playing, as it is up to age 16. Our church also does the grill and snack bar for lunch, and we will be doing a fundraiser dinner for all 700 people in attendance. It is a lot of work, but it is always good for fellowship.

Yeah, I could write more, but I am boring myself now.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not boring me. I am happy for you. I love to read about your dedication to the newest member of your family, Ms. Binamon. LOL! A good dog is faithful and makes your house more secure than an armory. wWe know that GOD is the MASTER of our destiny, and a friends (even with fur)makes our paths joyful. Please tell your friends I will add them to our prayer journal. may GOD bless you all.

Cassandra said...

You dont bore me either!!! I hope you had fun today :-)

cassandra xx