summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

suzanne feels fine at home

and that is where she is today...I glanced out the window, and she was out there swinging on the swingset like she had not a care in the world. It is sunny and perfect out there, with Mirielle mowing the lawn and Jon and Charlotte Claire playing in the sandbox. I told Suze last night that she could stay home today, since her teacher assumed she was sick and sent home a bunch of work...that is sort of like a get-out-of-jail-free card.

Sandbox: dirty sand....Camille just had to have her second bath of the day before her nap. She is horribly fussy today, she had to immunizations yesterday. Plus, I left her here with Mirielle this morning while I took Jonathan to his kindergarten testing. It was nice to sit in the hallway and talk to a few other mothers. One seemed young enough to be my daughter, and seemed to be alone raising her two kids, no ring, no one to mow the lawn (she said that, I did not guess that)....sad....and a few other ladies who were in agreement with me about the SPCA and how they make life difficult for prospective pet adopters. It was nice to get to know a few other moms and we had some good conversation, until:::yes, they found out how many kids I have. I did grow horns. I felt them grow. The ladies' eyes bugged out. Wait, I am just like you! I am not a freak! Nor am I a Mennonite or am I superorganized. I am just a mom, at kindergarten testing, albeit for the 14th time....

I am sad to say no news of Jack.

Which puts me in a rotten position. I paid $200 for Jack. I do not have Jack. I have his personalized food mat (he was one spoiled pooch), his food and water dishes, his leash, his toys, his treats, and his half bag of veggiemedly dog food. But not Jack. And: my dear sister-in-law is supposedly making a long trip to a large city in the area today to pick up two, yes TWO purebred English Sheepdogs. From a rescue lady. I get one. I called it. I asked her to please save me one until we get Jack sorted out. Now I am thinking that maybe I should just take the sheepdog today, and get Jack sorted out later. Hmm. It beats her having to take care of two puppies while I sit her with my empty arms....

hmm.

3 comments:

Enola said...

I wish you lived here. If I sat next to you in Kindergarten orientation (I attended my very first beginner's day recently), I would be your new best friend. I'd be in awe of all the babysitters you have that I could hire (all my good babysiters have left for college). And I'd be picking your brain for parenting advice!

So did Jack's prior owner expect you to pay for the trap? I'd think he'd be giving you your money back.

AUTISMOMMA said...

I am sorry you had to deal with the glares after the others found out how many children you have.

There is seriously something wrong with the direction in which people's morals are headed when people won't bat an eye at an unwed pregnant woman, a single mother, or people living off welfare but will turn into judge and jury when they find out an extremely qualified and dedicated mother has sixteen children - and not the status quo of one, two, or three.

What is WRONG with people?!?!?

Martha said...

There is no Biblical reason you should not have as many children as God is willing to give you. There is also no reason why my 60 year old friend should not marry a 23 year old woman and have children. You are not asking anyone else to pay for their upbringing, nor are you asking them to come and take care of them while you go out to work. Shoot, you're not even making a television show! You are doing a great job being who God intended you to be.

(On Mother's Day I saw an article in the Rochester newspaper honoring an 89 year old woman who had raised 16 children. Of course, I thought of you.) Check it out here while it's still online. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009905100342