summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

we may have found a puppy!

Oh, this dog is so cute. He is in the village down the road from us, and I think I was the first caller! This is his story: Jack, the 9 month old goldendoodle, fell into the home of Jeff and Danielle around 7 months ago....they already have a dog, and a toddler, and now have a new baby. Jeff works, Danielle has her hands full, they live in the village, and the dog is too much for them right now. He, Jack the dog, is housetrained, and does not shed. Apparently that is the hallmark of this new cross-breed (golden retreiver and poodle), they do not shed. They also do not bark very much, and are too friendly to be watchdogs. Anyway, I am going to meet Jack the puppy tomorrow night. Yay!

Okay, we are laughing our heads off, Mirielle, Abigail, Aaron, and I....we are thinking what vehicle I should bring tomorrow night to meet the pup. Abigail's car reeks "old lady" (1995 buick), Mirielle's car reeks poverty (2000 dodge), the big van reeks "lots of kids", the truck screams "redneck", and the mini-van is just right.....

Anyway, we had a nice day today. Jonathan did fine in the toy store, but why wouldn't he? He got a new bike. Just a simple cheap one, and he just loves it. It is bigger, and it is a boy's bike. Sonja also got a new bike, also cheap and simple, but hey, new and shiny, and not run-over. We then went to Target, then to the grocery store...by then Charlotte Claire had peed through her diaper and soaked her tights (OOPS!), we had changed Camille's stinky diaper, and she was wet again.....and they were tired. Tired of shopping, and Jon wanted only to get home and ride his bike. He is so funny. He wanted bologna, and I usually do not buy it, it seems so unhealthy, but for some reason, the kids like it. He mentioned that he would love some, but..."I DID just get a new bike, so you don't need to buy me any...." He is such a sweetie!!! And: I bought him some.

Daddy was so nice to put the bicycles together right when we got home. Good thing, or I don't know how Jon would have survived. I probably would have had to do it....

After dinner, we watched "American Idol", one of the only shows we watch, together, talking during the commercials. We thought Adam was terriffic, and Allison was pretty good too. Then we tucked the younger ones in...and Suzanne came back out and told me she doesn't feel well, her head hurts. I gave her some tylenol, and sent her back to bed. I certainly hope she is okay.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a really nice day. I hope to get outside....

4 comments:

SuzyQ said...

I read your blog all the time, and was hoping you would find a dog. All kids need dogs, (well, and adults). I have 2 goldendoodles, and they are WONDERFUL, and usually quite expensive. They do not shed, but they do bark; umm sometimes a lot. I am pretty sure I have photo of mine on my blog...(although, after I found Facebook, I totally lost interest in my blog) Good luck...hope you post a pic!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you post pictures of your new puppy too. Thanks for sharing.

FLmom7 said...

Oh, I've heard goldendoodles are great! I have to agree w/SuzyQ about the barking, we had a Golden Retriever and they supposedly don't bark much...and he didn't as a puppy, but once he was close to a year old, he never stopped barking. We gave him away for several reasons but I miss him so much it breaks my heart. I hope you get the pup and you enjoy him! PS-my Golden's name was Jack too, lol.

Mrs Marcos said...

I was afraid to 'rain on your parade' but since 2 others mentioned it, we have a goldendoodle next door to us. He's huge and adorable...but he barks. A.Lot. He barks inside the house when we're in OUR yard and no where near the neighbors house. We have 2 big mutts and they will bark if a bunny is in the yard or a bird lands on the deck, but otherwise they don't really bark.

I know you like to have a dog around to bark since you're out in the country so maybe it won't be a problem for your family.

Good luck, excited to see what happens!