summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 8, 2009

how my kids spend their friday nights...

Mirielle....the bigger kids run the activity clubs for the younger ones, at church. Tonight is a pirate theme party. Mali....


Abigail and Aaron



Kathryn and Jon (he looks more like a biker-dude than a pirate)





Evelyn Joy....




And Miss Charlotte Claire had a surprise tonight: daddy brought her a WHOLE box of bandaids....







And here is Kathryn earlier today, playing with my camera....







Who in their right mind would buy this ball for their kids?


Aaron spent his afternoon decorating 5 shoeboxes to look like treasure chests... we lined them with foil, then we filled them with gold-foil chocolate coins, gold wrappered peanutbutter cups, gold wrappered Rolos, silver wrapped peppermint patties, and candy necklaces.....


This is how my kids spend their Friday nights. The older ones will have youth sports after activity club....Paul and I are home with only Charlotte Claire and Camille. It is quiet and relaxing.


Tomorrow we go to pick up Captain Jack. I sure hope he acclimates to our busy house. I hope he knows a bit how to listen, or I have my work cut out for me. I also hope he learns to respect the kitties.....


I took the kids out and about just a little bit today. We went to the dollar store and BigLots. At the dollar store, I got 1lb. bags of frozen strawberries, boxes of French toast sticks (which we had for dinner, with strawberries, hey, it was my night off)....boxes of 6 giant frozen pretzels, 3pks of socks (we always can use more socks), and some cheese popcorn for activity club....I also got a few more coloring books for the kids....then BigLots, where I got baby wipes, more socks, some undies for Jon, and some very reasonable snacks....and then I was tired of shopping, and we headed home. It was such an unexpectedly gorgeous day out, and I couldn't stand the thought of Wallyworld on such a day, so I called Paul later and asked him to pick up a gallon of milk.


Charlotte Claire has some dollhouse people and a few Barbies (scale means nothing to small children) and she is in her pretend world.....one of her dolls is telling the other to go pee-pee on the toilet....


This morning I heard Jon telling Charlotte Claire that she has to listen to him, because it is written in the bible for younger ones to listen to their elders....now I am sure he has heard this from his older siblings, and so it makes perfect sense that anyone younger than him has to listen to him....











2 comments:

Debbie said...

Loved the pirate outfits...it is so awesome to see them spending there Friday nights at church! I am sure you had a quiet evening too!

KrustyLynn said...

I can remember spending my Friday nights at church and I had the MOST fun! and stayed out of trouble too--not that I was into trouble, but you know! I'm glad the kids enjoy being at Church helping with younger ones! Just another example of how great your kids are!! :)