summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

just saying I am sorry....

I had bad dreams about what I said about the couple at the ice cream place with little Logan and Madelyn. I don't know their struggles. I would rather help them than mock them, truly. I wonder how many many times people have thought things about me when I have been out with my kids. I was thinking about that young couple, with their kids all dressed up spiffy, and thinking that maybe they just don' t have any good role models. I had my mother. She always said, "mean what you say and say what you mean".....(which even that has it's variables....I sometimes speak too quickly, and have to retract what I threatened)...

Anyway, I wish those people all the best, and have thought and thought about this: how in the world could I possibly give them encouragement and perhaps a little pointer about being firm, without them thinking I am a crazy woman? And of course if I did, my kids would start being terrible, and they would think I was not only crazy but a hypocrite....oh well.

Well, the kids are eating breakfast, it is another school day. All the big kids went, which is good, and Mirielle and Abigail went off to college. When these three get on the bus, it will just be the three little ones and I, and the PUPPY! Little Miss Pee-Pee Puddles.

3 comments:

Enola said...

There is a book about heartprints - it is about catching kids when they are good. I try to do that now. When my daughter does something like open a door for someone, share, etc, I tell her "That's a heartprint." She loves to try for them now.

That's what your writing about your children listening and sharing reminded me of.

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

You should be proud..what wonderful kids you have..
Some parents do not follow through..and that is the worse thing you can do for the kiddies.
It sends such mixed signals.
My kids know what I expect of them..but, each and every day is a learning experience..trying to raise them up into the best individuals they can be.
I must say..I love this job...
very rewarding..
Perhaps those parents will get the knack for it..hopefully, sooner than later.
Annmarie

Ruby said...

This is a great family and a great blog! You are greatly blessed!
I came over from Large Family Mothering and I'll be back to look around and read more soon.
Ruby