summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Friday, May 22, 2009

a new baby!


But we can't keep her...we are babysitting. By we I mean Mirielle. She is watching her until seven in the morning. Her name is Jasmine, and her mommy is a nurse and working the twelve hour shift. Benjamin is friends with her uncle, and when he heard they needed someone to watch her, he suggested Mirielle. Mirielle hasn't even met the mommy. She picked Jasmine up at her grampa's house....she asked what the baby's name is, and the grampa yelled to the person on the couch, "What's the baby's name?''...
She is very sweet. I sort of hogged her for a while, hugged her and rocked her and fed her her bottle. Mali has her now. I sure hope she sleeps for Mirielle. She is under two months old, we are not sure exactly.
I sort of secretly hope her mom says we can keep her for some reason. She just feels so right and cuddly.

3 comments:

Jaime said...

That's so good of your family to help out the mom. But sounds kind of sad that the mom is already back at work and the family doesn't even know the baby's name!?

p.s. I'm a nurse working the 12 hour night shift right now too. but my baby is at home with his daddy, hopefully sleeping.

p.p.s. I love reading about your family and so sad for your recent losses.

p.p.p.s. I think if you have time you should do a whole post or multiple posts dedicated to your stroller collection (with lots of pictures!) I have a stroller obsession but currently only have two. :(

cheryl said...

Jaime.. you would be extremely impressed by her prams, strollers and carriages.. I think it would be an interesting post, but she's probably concerned that someone may turn her in to the "You are breaking the law by having too many strollers on your property" police. There probably really isn't a law, but I think some in her family (and mine) think there should be.
How cute is that baby!! You guys are lucky! The brave mom! Mariel looks so happy!! We bought pink things today.

Anonymous said...

Oh man this picture makes me want a baby so much!!!!!!!!!!
also I second the pleading to get a post about prams...
I went to buy buy baby (like bed bath and beyond but for babies ) and they had a demonstration of strollers!!! When your kids are all in school you should train those guys to do good demos! :)