summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Sunday, May 17, 2009

way too early in the morning....

When you stay up late on a Saturday night, you do not like waking up at seven o'clock. But if your 3 year old gets out of her crib and starts opening and closing your door, which might wake up your 18 month old, you get up in a hurry.

Puppy needed to go out anyway. I put Princess Charlotte back to bed with a clean diaper and some more milk, and outside I went. The early morning quiet IS sweet, but ugh, I am still hungry for sleep. Just a little more.

Yesterday: the soccer tournament. Our team didn't win any games, or score any goals, either. Poor kids. But they did have fun, and get soaked. We had a huge rainstorm come through here, torrential downpour. It hit here at home quite badly. The road in front of our house is covered in mud that washed down from the fields, and our yard is too. And soggy.

All of the kids stayed up way too late again last night, so we are not going out to watch today's games. Just a few of the older kids are taking the 4 kids who are playing. Bad mommy award, but mommy is just tired out too. And when you have younger kids and older kids, that is just how it goes.....besides, the poor puppy was so good in her cage, I mean crate yesterday. Benjamin had her out a bit, then Mirielle and a few of the girls came home for dry clothes and let her out...but she was crazy with excitement when we came home last night.....I was tired, the kids were tired, and she was ready for some playtime!! And she was also having to pee every 5 minutes. I was tempted to put newspaper on the deck, so I could just open the door and let her out, but that would sabotage my efforts of bringing her right to the sidewoods all these days. I went down those stupid stairs so many times last night...ugh. When she finally got tired out, I was pretty relieved. Sometimes I ask myself what I am thinking, training a puppy right now.....but I want a nice family dog, and this is the way to do that...so....and, yes, I guess I am crazy.

No comments: