summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Monday, May 18, 2009

guilt is my best friend

here are the things I feel guilty about....

1. The puppy has been sleeping on the floor while I am here on the computer. She got up and stretched and walked around, and I think she might have peed, but I don't feel like checking....she is sleeping again.

2. The school called and I let the phone ring and ring. I mean, how do you tell the school nurse that you kept all the kids home because it is a HALF-DAY?

3. There was a six-pack of glazed donuts in the van from Friday's shopping trip. I brought them in last night. I was alone for a long time this morning with my coffee and my computer. There are only four left. And how many kids here?

4. Just the fact that I LOVE the quiet so much!

5. I gave the little kids' birthday money to Aaron yesterday for his day trip to the Adirondacks.

6. The cats need their rabies shots again. Who wouldn't want to procrastinate taking two 2-year old cats to the vet?

7. I am glad the kids are finally waking up so they can help take the pup outside.

8. I threw away a small dolly from puppy's cage (I mean crate) because it had pee on it, and I didn't feel like washing it.

I feel guilty when I hurry them to bed, and when I hand them a pair of undies that are a tad bit too small because I don't feel like going and getting different ones. I feel guilty when I forget to study their spelling words with them, and they come home with a 60%. I feel guilty when I scrape their plates, but guiltier when I eat it instead.

Well, the "f" key on my computer is broken, and the kids are all up, and I am taking another break, and I should be working. I feel too guilty to just sit here....

3 comments:

Janis said...

Guilt must be included in that gift basket the hospital gives you when you have your first child. I think it is tucked way down in there under the commemorative plaque and the formula samples. You just must have gotten some with each child!

FLmom7 said...

I agree w/Janis, guilt is built into motherhood, lol. Hey, I think you would make a great home schooler, as much as you like to keep your kids home:-) I did the same thing when I sent my kids to public school, it was so much work and I liked them home better even though it's a lot of work and chaos, it's so much nicer to be on your own schedule and not have to get up quite so early and rush out to school. The school principle and teachers didn't like if I kept the kids home, and I didn't like them telling us what to do, lol. So I totally understand why you keep your kids home so much.

Good luck w/training the puppy. I know it's a lot of work! I was crazy enough to get 2 puppies at the same time...didn't work out for us though (my dh ended up not liking having a dog, one of the pups was sick and had huge vet bills and so on). I hope your puppy stays nice and healthy and works out great for your family. What a sweet little thing! Hang in there!

Bobbie-Jo said...

*sigh* Guilt is a close companion of mine, too. I have to constantly be thinking of what God wants from me, not what I'd like to accomplish in order to be supermom.

Your puppy is so adorable, and I love his name, too.