summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

a fresh new morning

I have many many things to be thankful for today. I am thankful for my husband for quite a few reasons. Here are some of them:

1. On Sunday, he rearranged the pantry/closet. At the time I was slightly annoyed because that's how I am, I don't like people just doing things without my input.....but now I am very glad, because now I can look in there and see exactly what we have, the pasta is all together, the cereal together, ect.

2. He had the 8 younger ones here last night while I went to the concert. He fed them pancakes, gave showers, and had the school kids tucked into bed when I got home.

3. He took the puppy out for me this morning before he left for work.

4. He was reluctant to get a puppy because of the time and work and effort, but he let me get one. He has not even once said, "I told you so!"....and believe me, he WAS right.

5. He loves the puppy!

6. He stayed up last night and tried to fix the dvd player so Mirielle and Abigail could watch a movie. He took it apart and found THREE lost dvds. He couldn't get it to work, but he did try.

7. He let me get the hot tub, even though he doesn't really care for it. He ordered me a new cover, which comes today.

8. He is patient and kind and gentle because he is faithful to God.

9. He has a sense of humor that I "get"...

10. He is giving. He doesn't care for things for himself, but he gives to our children, and to our church. He gives his time, his effort, and his money.

And of course I am thankful that he loves me. Sometimes when I see so glaringly what I can be like around here, I don't like myself very much, so he gets a lot of credit for that. I am glad we never hold anything against each other, and work to have it good together. I can honestly say that I love him more and more and more.

Well, the puppy is waking up. She needs to go out when she wakes up. Her name, Wellington, is now being rejected by the kid who wanted it in the first place, Joseph. He says it doesn't work. They all call her Binamon, which is a way to say Bittermin from a dumb tv show. They all call her that. I hate it, but what can I do?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That was well said! You sound like a lucky wife!

LivingSimply, SimplyLiving said...

WOW..great list..
and such a cutie dog..
Annmarie