summer 2011

summer 2011

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012

Paul and I, all 16 kids and Ashley, Benjamin's wife...Christmas 2012
family

Thursday, May 14, 2009

crazy-o-meter

I took a nap.....what a waste of time...but I had a headache. Today has been so low-key compared to yesterday. I brought Jack's things back to their house. I hope that helps him to settle down. I ran down the deck steps only 2 or 3 times with a puppy that started to or already went pee on the floor.....Sam stayed home today, says he hasn't missed a day in a while, so he took her down a few times, and Evelyn took her a few times...

Now it is supper time, again. The daily dilemma. Today, however, I have at least a start, lots and lots of hamburgers leftover from yesterday. The bonus is that we have buns, too. And dill pickles. I just need to make up some veggies, and we are all set.

The skies have cleared up, the kids are outside with the puppy. Her name is Elliot but it hasn't really stuck. They call her all different things.

With this new addition to the house, the crazy-o-meter has hit "10" a few times a day. A score of ten means at least THREE things that require immediate attention are happening at the same time. Things that require immediate attention are things like the following:

1. The puppy squats.

2. The puppy waddles away and there is a puddle.

3. Camille takes off her diaper with poop in it.

4. Charlotte Claire takes off her diaper with poop in it.

5. Camille climbs up onto the table and gets the cute little lambie sugar bowl, and sits there licking her thumb and sticking it back in....(what makes this require immediate action is the very good possibility of her throwing the cute little lambie)

6. Camille gets the little pink chair and drags it.........kitchen sink, counter, table....many possiblilities.

7. Camille gets into the bathroom.

8. A broken glass...

9. A spill on the kitchen tile, as it is very slippery.

10. The phone ringing doesn't really qualify, but it does add to the fun when I hear someone like Sonja or Jon answering it....

11. Fights between Kathryn and Evelyn, Evelyn and Suzanne, Suzanne and Kathryn, Sonja and Kathryn, Evelyn and Sonja, Margaret and Sonja, Mali and Margaret, Mali and Kathryn, Kathryn and Evelyn, Sam and Margaret.....you get the idea. If it escalates to loud screaming, it requires immediate attention.

12. A loud thump followed by loud screaming. Generally this is Camille, but the other kids fall, too.

13. Company pulls into the drive-way, as this calls for frantic clean-up action on my part, and me screeching orders to the kids, QUICK PICK THIS PLACE UP!!!


Now, whenever I have to grab Ms. Elliot, or Mrs. Bags as Abigail calls her, and take her out to the side woods to potty, Camille cries broken-heartedly. Does she think I have time to put her shoes on and take her too?

But thankfully, that crazy-0-meter usually only hovers around 3, and once in a while I sit down and relax and notice that the needle is on zero!!! Ooh, that is sweet....

3 comments:

FLmom7 said...

Crazy-o-meter! I love it! Mine's been hovering pretty high lately...I think I just need some good chocolate and a nice, long nap! ;-) Your new puppy is adorable!

Martha said...

So does this mean Jack is back at home? I mean his old home? I guess that one just wasn't meant to be.

The crazy-o-meter... yes, I can relate to that.

Cassandra said...

The crazy-o-meter LMAO!!!